Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2010, 07:52 PM

Camping Gear

We're off on our first camping trip of the year this weekend and have recently bought a new tent but need a few other bits and pieces but we're on a bit of a budget and i'm a bit of a camping novice.

The main items i'm looking for are as follows:

* Lighting to hang inside the tent (preferably with remote control)
* A sleeping bag
* A folding table

Also if there are any other items people think are essential then i'd be willing to consider!

Would be grateful to hear your suggestions. Also our tent is a 5 man tent so lighting needs to be man enough to light a fair amount of space.
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2010, 07:57 PM
Argus do quite a bit of camping gear, not to expensive either. I got 2 sleeping bags in Sainsburys, think they were about eight pounds each. The larger supermarkets tend to have a lot of camping gear around at this time of the year.
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2010, 06:04 PM
Other half wanted me to buy a double sleeping bag this year but they were expensive so i bought a Ready Bed instead:

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produc...er/3400236.htm

Hopefully it will be ok as it seemed like a better option than buying a blow-up bed and a sleeping bag!
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2010, 06:17 PM
you might not feel warm enough in the ready bed, so might be worth taking an extra sleeping bag or duvet with you just in case.
also trust you have an electric pump to inflate it? The manual one will have you too tired to care what you are sleeping on !! LOL

also - you sure there is enough space for MOnty on the ready bed as thats where he will be !! LOL
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2010, 06:23 PM
Originally Posted by Brundog View Post
you might not feel warm enough in the ready bed, so might be worth taking an extra sleeping bag or duvet with you just in case.
also trust you have an electric pump to inflate it? The manual one will have you too tired to care what you are sleeping on !! LOL

also - you sure there is enough space for MOnty on the ready bed as thats where he will be !! LOL
We've got a blanket to put over the top of it if it gets cold or i'll just stick an extra layer on!

I hope Monty doesn't sleep on it as i purposely went for the slightly smaller one instead of the deluxe so we could still fit his bed in our sleeping compartment of the tent - spoilt or what!?!