Our sister sites
Our sister sites
leospride
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-03-2007, 08:19 PM
Originally Posted by hectorsmum View Post
thanks everyone.

its quite humbling to know your not alone.

epi i think is more common than is publicised in leo's, i've only had 1 reply from lcgb but that was about thyroid, early days yet.
i found a great site on epi in gsd's and they fed pig pancreas instead of the powders and it works and its a lot cheaper. so will mention this IF its epi.

leospride
if it is epi can i come to see you for a chat and pick your brains, i'm only up t' road from you.

tests are being done on monday at 3pm but 2 of them will have to be sent off so it'll be 10 days for the results on them.vet seems quite convinced its epi but just need conformation now.

h has been fine today, git!, i've been shattered with not much sleep but hey ho i'd do it all again for him.
Julie, of course you can but be warned - I am very passionate about this and will talk till the cows come home !!
You won't find many people on the lcgb that will admit to having this, but trust me, we are not alone
Feel free to call anytime I can pm you my phone number if you like?
hectorsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2007, 08:32 PM
Originally Posted by leospride View Post
Julie, of course you can but be warned - I am very passionate about this and will talk till the cows come home !!
You won't find many people on the lcgb that will admit to having this, but trust me, we are not alone
Feel free to call anytime I can pm you my phone number if you like?
right when i get his results you'd better get plenty of coffee ( or a crate of wine) in and the tent up
leospride
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-03-2007, 08:51 PM
Originally Posted by hectorsmum View Post
right when i get his results you'd better get plenty of coffee ( or a crate of wine) in and the tent up

crate of wine sounds good to me
maebme
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2007, 08:59 PM
So sorry Hector has been unwell.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2007, 09:27 PM
So sorry to hear of Hector's problems. I hope you get to the bottom of it.

xxxxxxxx
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2007, 10:17 PM
Oh Julie, poor poor Hector and you. You must be beside yourself worrying about him. I can imagine how hard this is for you. At least he has been bright in himself today and if it is EPI well with meds look at how Leospride's Maddie has done since being diagnosed so hopefully you can get him sorted soon and watch him bounce back. xx
hectorsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2007, 10:48 PM
Originally Posted by Berger View Post
Oh Julie, poor poor Hector and you. You must be beside yourself worrying about him. I can imagine how hard this is for you. At least he has been bright in himself today and if it is EPI well with meds look at how Leospride's Maddie has done since being diagnosed so hopefully you can get him sorted soon and watch him bounce back. xx
yes it is a worry but for the last 2 yrs i've known something wasn't right with his weight so now the tests are finally being done i'm happy that i'll know once and for all what is wrong.
if it is definately epi then at least i know how to treat it and see him thrive for once.
so in a bizare way its turning out for the good.
Nicky1979
Almost a Veteran
Female 

05-03-2007, 03:38 PM
How did Hector get on at the vets today?
hectorsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2007, 11:35 AM
he loves the vets thinks they're great so no problems there.

all bloods and yuk samples have been done and sent to the lab.

i should have some results tomorrow and the rest by early next week.

if they come back negative then it will be an elimination diet to see if he's allergic to certain foods. not looking forward to that as its such a lengthy process.

i've got everything crossed for now.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3