Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-03-2007, 08:30 AM
Wishing Hector well.
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2007, 08:50 AM
No experience of this but hoping all is well as soon as poss.
hectorsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2007, 08:58 AM
Hector had a quiet comfortable night, woke up this morning full of beans.

had his breakfast and has gone back to bed!

so for now everythings alright.

Tests next week.

Thanks everyone.
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2007, 09:29 AM
Glad he's had a quiet night. Hope you get him sorted soon.
leospride
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-03-2007, 02:42 PM
Originally Posted by hectorsmum View Post
sounds like Hector. he had runny poo's with blood at xmas, but now he's soft and plenty, and his tum makes really loud noises and he's extremely windy.

he's nearly 3 yrs,45kgs and 31'' you can feel his spine all the way through to his tail, his coat is thin but shiny, eats poo like its best steak.

i've asked for a while for him to be tested and this vet, who i've never seen before at my practice, seems to think he has epi and will do the tests next week.

poor baby, i just want him well. worried me sick tonight and i'm sleeping on the sofa with him, just in case he needs me.

Its awful when they are this poorly, we feel so helpless. Spent many a night on the sofa, with Maddie on the other one - just in case She went so skinny that it was a struggle just to stand up, sometimes I thought she would topple over went from 48 kilos down to 38kilos and she was/is quite a big dog for a bitch so she looked ridiculous.
Her coat almost disappeared at the worst part. It didn't help that she also had a twisted bowel op and then bloat It was the worst year of my life. BUT there was light at the end of the tunnel, with the medication and added enzymes she is now a happy healthy 57 kilos
All this stated when she was only 14 months old but she will be 3 in March (actually tomorrow ) and we will of course be celebrating with an extra portion of fish (her not me)
Please feel free to pm me, what ever time of night I'm usually around till the wee small hours Just remember your'e not alone, there's more of us out there than you'd think.
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-03-2007, 02:50 PM
i had the same at our vets they just wanted to sort out his water works, but i said i wanted him testing fort he rest at the end of the day we pay for the test the dogs have even if the results come back negative, at least its ruled out.
i see you have posted on the leo forum has any one given you a decent answer yet?
i remember when you was going through it all with maddie and couldn't get answers.
i must admit i am starting to think epi is more common in leos than ppl think.
i hope he hasn't got it julie, but also in a way he has so at least you can get the help you need for him if that makes sense.
its not nice watching them being ill and having no answers.
we will find out some time next week if tob has cushing so i know what your going through waiting for results.
as for the insurance they will be crying with toby his meds are for life, they are making a loss of around 40 quid a month on him upto now without any more.
i hope your both feeling better today and h is comfortable.
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2007, 03:06 PM
Really sorry to hear Hector has been ill SO glad it isn't bloat though.

Hope he feels better soon
hectorsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2007, 07:42 PM
thanks everyone.

its quite humbling to know your not alone.

epi i think is more common than is publicised in leo's, i've only had 1 reply from lcgb but that was about thyroid, early days yet.
i found a great site on epi in gsd's and they fed pig pancreas instead of the powders and it works and its a lot cheaper. so will mention this IF its epi.

leospride
if it is epi can i come to see you for a chat and pick your brains, i'm only up t' road from you.

tests are being done on monday at 3pm but 2 of them will have to be sent off so it'll be 10 days for the results on them.vet seems quite convinced its epi but just need conformation now.

h has been fine today, git!, i've been shattered with not much sleep but hey ho i'd do it all again for him.
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-03-2007, 07:49 PM
aint it always the case, your shattered and they are fine.
wonder if you can get a supply of pigs pancreas as a natural alternative, i was under the impression the powder is expensive.
d i remember maddie at 6 months bless her toby was in love with her at the show and bear wasn't impressed.
mind you toby was in love with all the girls he met!
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >