View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2007, 12:35 PM
Hi Tigger, I really don't know, it's a case of what goes in etc. I really don't like the sound of that orange slop, so please mention to your vet about the possibility of EPI, although it usually starts with yellow bile sick, and grey mucousy stools (putty coloured) and copious amounts of it too! Having said that though, Cassie DOES get the orange slop, especially when she's had rice. What about changing the rice over to a small amount of mashed potato? I find that works a treat to harden poos? They can't digest rice if it's cooked the way we'd eat it, it has to be boiled and boiled until it's really overcooked? Doyou do that? I heard that from a nutruitionalist!

Although EPI is prominent in gsd's it has been found in rough coated collies, setters and springers, so it really is worth mentioning. He will either poopoo the idea or say it could well be. There's someone else on here who's dog has just been diagnosed with this too, Zoebeau, so it's not out of the ordinary as such.

all the best, I hope he's showing some improvement today
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2007, 12:44 PM
Hope he`s feeling better today.
Tigger2
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-03-2007, 05:17 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Hi Tigger, I really don't know, it's a case of what goes in etc. I really don't like the sound of that orange slop, so please mention to your vet about the possibility of EPI
Thanks Helena
Yes I most certainly will mention the orange stuff! I was concerned about the orange wee-especially when I googled it and liver disease came up.

They can't digest rice if it's cooked the way we'd eat it, it has to be boiled and boiled until it's really overcooked? Doyou do that? I heard that from a nutruitionalist!
Gosh! I didnt know that, Ive been cooking it normally, in fact each time he has had a funny tummy (had it a lot when he was younger) I have done it that way! Wish vets wouldnt assume you know this stuff. Wonder if the rice in NatureDiet is cooked the proper way then? He has his first normal meal tonight, of NatureDiet, the Chicken variety.
Actually, on a different forum I was asked if I had changed the flavour of his food as something even that trivial can have funny results and amazingly I recalled that on Sunday (prior to his first vomiting) I gave him NatureDiet lamb as our local PAH didnt have much of the Chicken variety left!! Do you think that is a coincedence? Maybe he is allergic to lamb.
all the best, I hope he's showing some improvement today
He does seem much better today. He is taking his antibiotic tablets with no fuss whatsoever and I am just hoping that this first meal of ND will stay down and be digested properly. He lay his head on my lap tray while I was eating Spag Bol and I felt awful!

Thanks for your thoughts Fudgeley
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2