Almost a Veteran
Female 

30-12-2006, 11:47 AM
Yes it is the fish one that I had! OMG the smell
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2006, 12:05 PM
I feed Chappie. Maddy has suffered Colitis, Charlie has sensitive skin which is often aggrovated by food allergies, and Dusty can eat anything really but best keep them all on the same thing, easier for me!

Although it is a very good food, it is made by masterfoods who have been known to do animal testing, so I was thinking of changing to naturediet when I move house (I can get it from a rep when I move ) as they don't do any animal testing and have 100% natural ingredients so I should expect my lot will be ok on it.

Time will tell, but for now they are all doing fine on chappie, it is a very good food.
rosegallagher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2006, 02:13 PM
my siberian bitch mishka is fed on the dry variety chappie with chicken.
Katiecoos
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2006, 03:42 PM
Originally Posted by Snowangel View Post
They do two varieties in the tins. The fish one which I think is the one that you have and is pretty pongy. The other is chicken and rice and you should be able to get it in any of your larger supermarkets such as Sainsburys, Tescos etc. They also do the two kinds in dry food form so that could be an option.

We had Boxers with Colitis in the past and the vet recommended it for them and as said above they thrived on it for years. It was hard to get here then - had to have it imported especially for our dogs!! Now as I say its common place for the supermarkets to store it. Much handier.

Angel
Agree it is the fishy one that is smelly, but is a very good food. I had to put my dog on it many years ago when he could eat nothing else because he had a real bad stomach.
JR - Tilly
New Member!
Female 

03-01-2007, 12:58 PM
Hi

I was just looking at the information on Chappie and was considering feeding my dog it as she is a really fussy eater but seems happy on tinned food however i have not wanted to feed her on them before due to the bad reputation of some.

But from the previous comments chappie seems to be quite a good tinned food. Really just wanted to check if you feed it on its own or with a mixer? and is it suitable for dogs who don't have any skin, digestive problems? as she is absolutely fine, just fussy.

any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
Sprocker
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-01-2007, 03:38 PM
I use chappie Chicken & Rice tinned variety when any of my dogs have a poorly tummy, vet recommended it as an affordable alternative to the special sensitive stuff you can buy from vets.

My dogs love it and always look good when they have it.
ATD
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2007, 03:07 PM
i dont feed it to my dog, but were i work (kennels) we give it to a dog who has an upset stomach and i know lots of dogs who if they have anything else are very ill, i just wish they did a puppy variety.
ATD xxx
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2007, 03:45 PM
We put Hollie back onto Chappie last week, she looks brilliant already and the tummy problems she was having have settled.
SuzanneGSD
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-02-2007, 03:57 PM
Halle my dog who has IBD has chappie - its the only food he can tolerate - he has the dry food though, he loves the tinned stuff too!

It was highly recommended by my vet!!!
Its bloody good stuff and at a reasonable price too.
hectorsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2007, 04:07 PM
i feed my Leo on chappie. he's always been a fussy eater but this is the only food that he looks forward to eating.

His coat is good, eyes bright, and the other end is the best its ever been.

I'd reccommend Chappie to everyone
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >