Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2006, 08:14 PM

Starting to panic

Hi all,
I got in touch with someone yesterday about exchanging properties,she's coming to view our's on friday,but i spotted another ad on a different website advertising her house again,after she has arranged to view ours
Spoke to her this morning on the phone and she said they were definatly coming,Really don't know what to think,or if they are still advertising just in case they don't like our's or while they are in our neck of the woods they are trying to view a few house's over the weekend.
Any advice I'm starting to panic,there house is beautiful and would love desperatly to be in that part of the uk.
Sal
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2006, 08:32 PM
oh i really do wish u luck, i know full well what this exchanging lark is like, nerve wracking.
ive got a letter from my HA saying that if a property thats suitable for my needs comes up ill be concidered. all i want is a down stairs place. with a garden will be nice ive replied to a couple of ads but some of them dont even bother repling so rude if u ask me
hope they like your place, i hope its raining when they are due to visit that way any yobbos are indoors then
BrandieSnap
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2006, 08:34 PM
Aww, try not to worry to much. It can be really hard to find the right exchange so they're probably just keeping their options open incase things don't work out

Good luck
Petstalk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2006, 09:37 PM
Hope everything goes well. Just been positive. Wish you the very best of luck.

How is the house compared to yours? Where are you hoping to move too?

Min xxx
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2006, 09:51 PM
Originally Posted by Petstalk
Hope everything goes well. Just been positive. Wish you the very best of luck.

How is the house compared to yours? Where are you hoping to move too?

Min xxx
I think our house is better than there's but i think there more concerned about area,she want's a nice part of cardiff
There house is in a lovely little fishing village in devon,so they will find a huge differance traffic wise,it's so busy here and a nightmare to go anywhere,i use roughly £20 a week in petrol just taking the kids to school and it's to far to walk.
There house is a council house quite old but in good condition from what i can see from the photos,but our house is a new house 2 yrs old and quite big,so we are hoping they will want it.
Just have to concentrate on the good things it has to offer,that's the tricky part
Katrina342
Almost a Veteran
Female 

12-04-2006, 11:25 PM
Just going through a house move myself with completion date set for later this month to buy our new house, and the completion date for the sale of my house is yet to be confirmed So I know how stressful it is.

Maybe she just has continued advertising in case this doesn't work out? It's sensible to hedge your bets. Hope it works out ok for you, its kind of nice and awful when you have your heart set on a new home and its always touch and go until you have the key to the door IMO
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-04-2006, 07:22 AM
Good luck,hope it all goes well for you.
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2006, 07:27 AM
Originally Posted by nissanmad
There house is in a lovely little fishing village in devon
Ahh lovely, Lovely place to live...
Toby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2006, 07:57 AM
she is probably just keeoing her options open. Don't panic and point out all the good points - new house, excellent conditions etc, but dont mention the bad points - travelling etc!!!!!

fingers crossed, i hope it works out for you
Trixy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2006, 08:16 AM
Are you sure the advert was not on a while back and they have not had chance to take it off or it could be as Toby said they might be keeping their options open I would contact them to give you piece of mind
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >