Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

15-12-2011, 03:13 PM

Pereg has just been to the Vet

I wanted to have her weight checked - only 100g lost which disappointed me a bit as she has obvious gotten slimmer. She has her waist back and a definite tuck but slowly slowly, and it was good that she is happy going there.

We saw a different Vet who does not speak any English but that was no problem as David, my taxi driver does so he interpreted when necessary! And Pereg was as good as gold! David driver lifted her onto the table for her tummy and axillae to be checked as she has another couple of little pimples - and Pereg just lay there, limbs spread out and not a murmur from her while she was poked about a bit!

She does not need any more medication for the zoonotic skin infection she had, just another lot of cream to anoint her twice a day to finally clear up the little pimples, and while I was at the surgery I picked up another few packs of Pb for her.

I did not need to take her - did not really need to have her weighed, and still had some cream left. And David can and will always pick up any medication she needs. I have a couple of months supply of Pb for her but it does not hurt to have a couple more packs.

But it was good. Good that she trots happily with David to get into the taxi while I plonk my way to it. Good that she trots happily into the surgery. And good that she let a different Vet check her over without a murmur. Poke, prod, lift this leg, lift that leg - my Pereg just lets them do what they want!

She is a good girl, is my Pereg. I love her and am so proud of the way she was so good at the surgery. Actually I am just so proud of her for being just her. Just Pereg.

A very very special girl.

Love you Pereg
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2011, 03:34 PM
I'm proud of her too! I rush mine off to my vet for the most trivial of reasons - but he never mocks me and muttley just loves going there so it's all good.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

15-12-2011, 04:01 PM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
Vet check her over without a murmur. Poke, prod, lift this leg, lift that leg - my Pereg just lets them do what they want!
Malka, you are very lucky, neither of ours like being scrutinised by the vet. and in the case of Baruska any physical movement of legs gets a short, very deep growl, and you ignore that she lets rip, our vets won't go near her until I've put her muzzle on, and even then it's touch and go
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-12-2011, 04:43 PM
Good girl Pereg.

Harvey we use to have to muzle Ollie he was not keen on strangers prodding and poking about. He only accepted and her nurses last year after they won him round.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2011, 04:56 PM
Awwwww, how wonderful is that, what a little sweetheart you have in Pereg there. She sounds just like old Georgie, he does anything for the vet too, unlike somebody else I could mention who needs her gob strapped up!!! Glad that she got a thorough checking over, it puts your mind at rest doesn't it.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

15-12-2011, 05:03 PM
I think Pereg is special although I guess we all think that of our four-legged companions, but - but - how many would really put up with being heaved around, just lay there while this leg, that leg was hoiked up - and she did not even blink let alone murmur.

Pereg is a happy girl and yet I am still having problems with someone complaining that her children are frightened to walk past my home, even though Pereg is clipped onto a 10/12m rope and cannot go anywhere near the pavement.

"She barks". "My children are frightened that she will attack them". "That is a dangerous dog".

Well yes, if your children throw stones at her of course she will bark, but you tell me how she can attack your children when she cannot get anywhere near the pavement?

Oh Pereg oh Pereg - such a good girl. So full of love. Such a very special girl.
tiggers mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-12-2011, 05:06 PM
I recently ended up taking Tigger to a new vet for an operation. During his pre-op consultation he had to have an ecg and scan of his heart and he was so well behaved, he did everything they asked of him, sit, stand, walk, lie down so there was no need to sedate him or struggle with him. I know exactly what you mean when you say you are so proud of Pereg as I was ridiculously proud of Tigs, especially when they commented at the vets as to how well behaved and soft he is! Big hugs all round really!
alexgirl73
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-12-2011, 05:43 PM
Good girl Pereg such a well behaved lady. And as for the people complaining Malka, tell 'em to sod off . Pereg can't get to them, all dogs bark when would up. If they keep complaining let Pereg at them
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2011, 07:45 PM
Pereg really is a little darling, she is a credit to you Malka.
Fivedogpam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2011, 07:02 AM
I'm sure the vets love to see her when she's so good - you have every right to be proud of her!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >