Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tinkladyv
Almost a Veteran
Female 

25-11-2009, 10:28 PM

Dog Pounds Ireland - Five Days

I wanted to share this with as many people as possible and would ask you to pass it on, more people need to know this terrible terrible situation our dogs are in, this is happening in England too!
This is from the many tears website, my only wish is that those little binned souls are in a much better place now.

THE AWFUL TRUTH
Here at many Tears we LOVE dogs. For the last year we have travelled to Ireland every 3 to 4 weeks at an incredible expense of around £500 per trip (then all the veterinary expenses on top). We go to save the dogs. We work with anyone needing our help to save lives. You can help by fostering or raising funds.

This is an incredibly hard job and we are worn out, funds run low and morals too. The staff, the team who help - the fosterers, home checkers, fund raisers, dog walkers and, of course, our wonderful web master make this possible.

Please watch this video and understand why we and so many other's hearts ache with the pain and sorrow. A HUGE thank you to all the people including Deidra who helps save so many, Eila and the amazing Limerick Animal Welfare team. God bless them all and give them strength to carry on.

This is a disturbing video. We are sorry but these are the facts!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6xI7xt99zA
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2009, 10:31 PM
Yes Mia came from Ireland
Many tears should get in touch with Dundalk dog rescue - they are there pulling dogs from the pound and trying to find them homes - might save some money for both charities
GUISEPPE
Dogsey Junior
Male 

25-11-2009, 11:00 PM
well I wanted a new dog for the wife n kids for xmas , knowing Im gonna be away in Jan or Feb,wanted to stick to similare types. Thought I hit the mark, but this ****** has dogs for sale both here and in Ireland, could he be a dog dealer.They can cuddle that and think of me and the lads

Just tryin to do a good xmas .

Choclates would be so much easier me finks
tinkladyv
Almost a Veteran
Female 

26-11-2009, 08:30 AM
Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs View Post
Yes Mia came from Ireland
Many tears should get in touch with Dundalk dog rescue - they are there pulling dogs from the pound and trying to find them homes - might save some money for both charities
I think they are taking dogs from as many places as possible, just whereever they are needed. I have although passed on details to Dundalk from East midlands who agreed to take some and Greyhound gap. Not heard anything back since i passed on the details though?
tinkladyv
Almost a Veteran
Female 

26-11-2009, 09:51 AM
Originally Posted by GUISEPPE View Post
well I wanted a new dog for the wife n kids for xmas , knowing Im gonna be away in Jan or Feb,wanted to stick to similare types. Thought I hit the mark, but this ****** has dogs for sale both here and in Ireland, could he be a dog dealer.They can cuddle that and think of me and the lads

Just tryin to do a good xmas .

Choclates would be so much easier me finks
I think so too
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2009, 10:37 AM
Its a sad state of affairs, but all too familiar I think.

I know for definate, anyone can use here as a foster home, we have big hearts and would willingly look after them till forever homes were found.

I hope more are found homes xxxx
tinkladyv
Almost a Veteran
Female 

26-11-2009, 10:54 AM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
Its a sad state of affairs, but all too familiar I think.

I know for definate, anyone can use here as a foster home, we have big hearts and would willingly look after them till forever homes were found.

I hope more are found homes xxxx
More fosterers are always in desperate need for most rescues, many tears have a foster form on their website if your serious in the offer

Im off to collect another dog tomorrow saved from the pound, but he has had to squeeze in as here they are already full, even without the christmas fallout...its scary
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2009, 11:08 AM
Cassie came from a pound in Ireland too, the dogs trust brought her over and have also set up the first dogs trust rehoming centre in Dublin. Education is sorely needed in Ireland as it seems to be the norm to have unspayed pets running round.

I am sure the Greyhound Gap will be in touch, they do some much for sighthounds. You might also want to post on the lucher link to drum up some support x
tinkladyv
Almost a Veteran
Female 

26-11-2009, 11:23 AM
Originally Posted by Razcox View Post
Cassie came from a pound in Ireland too, the dogs trust brought her over and have also set up the first dogs trust rehoming centre in Dublin. Education is sorely needed in Ireland as it seems to be the norm to have unspayed pets running round.

I am sure the Greyhound Gap will be in touch, they do some much for sighthounds. You might also want to post on the lucher link to drum up some support x
Do you have a link you can pm me and then i will try too.
Thanks
sutty
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2009, 12:52 PM
A lot of dogs and pups are dumped on the bogs near me, some people dont even have the decency to surrender them to the pounds
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >