Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2024, 08:16 AM

Saturday 17th February 2024

Morning all. Yep guess what, it is raining, just for a change. I think it will be a reading day again for me but then I get the guilts and do the hoovering and dusting. Ah well have a good day with whatever you decide to do.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2024, 10:15 AM
Good morning Brenda and everyone to follow.

Bit of washing in the machine then onto the line and hope for the dry but overcast morning they have promised as is now. However won't be the end of the World if it rains.

Have to pop to the community allotment plot this morning. was there yesterday giving first coat to the donated wooden rustic bench, I also replaced the one arm rest with a piece of old wooden rake, and gave it first coat of paint apart from the seat which needed to be checked. Todays plan is some filler into large slightly decayed areas on the top back support rail I put wood hardener in there last weekend so should be good, now it will of dried out due to being under cover will maybe put a coat of wood hardener onto the seating area if it not as bad once I have lightly sanded it. The bench has lived on this allotment for over 30 years but has had a decline since before covid when the old chap took ill he has given his plot up now but donated the bench to us he made it. I think I can relove it and restore it to ausable and love life. Chosen colour is Black Bean.

Then onto lunch with a friend Sue (Burts Mom) at 1.30 loooking forward to it.

Home shower and read or relax with tv who knows.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2024, 12:50 PM
A bit damp and drizzly this morning, but dry enough for it not to affect. More of a mist than rain or sea fret as it should be called

Kazz, Dave turned the wood over on our bench so all the worn bits are underneath. Saves a lot of messing about

Washing to do this afternoon. Into the washer, into the dryer and hung or folded up. When I think back to how it was, it's an advancement I'm grateful for
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-02-2024, 04:39 PM
Afternoon brenda, Kazz, Chris and all to follow.
We arrived home late'ish last night from North Yorkshire and Pete's celebration of his life, it was a hard one as he was taken so cruelly and was advised he would have a lot longer than he did.
Not a dry eye in the house.
On the way home we went through a village called Fraisthorpe, there is a beach and a lovely dog friendly cafe.
We decided to stop as Pam and Pete had taken us there with their dogs 3 at the time before they lost Brigg and we walked the beach and had lunch in the cafe, so we thought what a fitting way to end the day remembering Pete and Brigg at a lovely place they had shown us.
This morning we went out for breakfast and looked around some nurseries got some plants and then went to Tesco to do some shopping on the way home.
Life is very sad at the moment and we need a break from it all.
Tomorrow is a Freya day and again Monday then we have almost two weeks free.
We are thinking of popping away for a few days which was the intention after Brewster went then what with losing friends it all got put on hold.

Kazz the bench will be a lovely reminder of the person who donated it.
Chris I was happy to read Ted is doing well.
Sue I hope you had a nice time with your friends.
brenda surely the rain has to stop soon.
griff I hope all is well with you.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2024, 07:53 PM
Had a fantastic day washing did not get put out due to total change in the weather.
Chris thats exactly what I did when I got there unscrewed to check the other side which is pristine so rescrewed painted the seat and will return some point this week to turn it over and paint the then top side of the seat.
Lunch was great really enjoyable. Company excellent have come home and watched a bit of TV and really enjoyable day.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2024, 07:56 PM
Lynn sounds a brilliant send off for your friend I have been to Fraisthorpe nice beach and the cafe place was called the cowshed I think. Yes why not book yourself to go away for a week or so as you are free.