Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2023, 07:32 AM

Wet Wednesday 8th March 2023

Morning all. Yep rain here, makes a change from more rain.
I really would like some white stuff. My friend Ann came by yesterday with some books for me to read. So, even if the weather is grot I can stay in and read, a lot. 4 were of Death in Paradise and others were light hearted reads. One is called Summer at Shell Cottage which has intrigued me because there was a Shell Cottage in Harry Potter and apparently it is a real place somewhere in Pembrokeshire I think. Ar least that is what one of the posters from long ago told me. There are various shell cottages around. Anyway have a good day folks. Todays words are: Jowar, Caul, Zonae.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2023, 09:15 AM
Good morning Brenda and all who follow

Enjoy your day of reading Brenda

Wet here too but stopped raining long enough to get Teazle out for a walk. Not on duty this morning but again this afternoon. It is so nice not being woken by an alarm

Take care everyone
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2023, 01:15 PM
Snow.......
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2023, 03:19 PM
Very envious. Just grey gloomy skies here.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-03-2023, 04:37 PM
Afternoon. brenda, Sue, Kazz and all to follow.
It has been and is snowing but not settling and I would prefer it not to be, off to Crufts this year again and I would like to be able to get there.
Sorry brenda I know you want some snow.
Bev and Boo popped round earlier for a cuppa and then when they left we popped out to Dobbies for a wander and had a cuppa and a tea cake.

brenda enjoy the books.
Sue glad you got a morning off.
Kazz have you got snow and settling ?
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2023, 04:54 PM
Oh Lynn envious again as would have loved to go to crufts. Pastoral obviously for me. Oh well never mind enjoy your time there. I miss it and all that goes with some of it when I'm there. Not happy with the Tele coverage.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2023, 05:54 PM
Evening all
Basically dad's fine...a waste of time, lovely consultant but a totally unnecessary appointment, the results could have been sent via a letter so someone else could have had the appointment, I could have stayed in bed and dad could have gone to work
Kazz, my uncle pushed for the move, he would have been able to stay where he was indefinitely as he paid his rent on time, was polite with the staff and didn't cause the much trouble. He was getting narked as there's people with mental health issues there....he will be drinking again and I suspect that started last week....I offered him dinner and he was making excuses not to see me. It's his choice, I am fine without him in my life, I am just angry at all the time and money that the NHS have spent on him to have it go to waste.
We have snow, was snowing yesterday too but didn't settle, my back garden is turning white now.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2023, 06:35 PM
IT'S NOT CANCER!!

Her cells are all over the place and the lab are completely baffled by it, but so far they haven't been able to find any cancer cells. They still have to do the tooth (basically because they are intrigued more than anything else because they've never seen anything like it) but hopefully that will be fine too.

As none of us know what we are really dealing with, the vet wants to see her again at the end of next week and then regularly to keep an eye on things, but for now it's like have a very heavy block of concrete lifted off my chest.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-03-2023, 07:06 PM
Good news Chris.
Good news for dad too griff.

I had never been to Crufts brenda till last year as we no longer had a dog in our life and again this year still no dog so we thought we would make the most of it and attend again.
Birmingham isn't that far from us 65-70 miles by car, we would take the train but the price is ridiculous, over £100 it will cost £40 to take the Volvo.
I agree the tele coverage really is appalling now not at all like it used to be,
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2023, 07:28 PM
Huge hugs to Rosie and you. I've just watched the news about a man who mended a cranes (bird) leg and now are best friends. Brought tears. So lovely.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >