Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mother*ship
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2009, 07:01 PM

Rat detector!

A few weeks ago Pepper got very interested in our garden shed, she'd run around it and sniff and snort it like it was some fantastic drug! I thought it was probably a rat or mouse but she stopped doing it when the builders started work on our loft.

Then on Saturday my Dad saw the rat run across the kitchen floor, my Mum didn't believe him, but then she saw it too. Pepper was absolutely obsessed with one of our cupboards and was standing on her back legs to snort as high as possible and sure enough it had climbed up the pipes and was in the boiler cupboard.

Needless to say we spent the rest of the day clearing cupboards and blocking every gap we could find into them and putting out poison. When Pepper lost interest we knew it had gone. Then Sunday evening I thought I heard something and Pepper got really interested in a different spot, so more baiting and blocking.

We realised the builders had moved the wire mesh over one of our air gaps so I think that's where it was getting in.

Pepper's prey drive has finally been useful (instead of a squirrel chasing pain! ) in rat detection but I really don't know what she'd do if she ever caught some thing.

As for my boys (Affenpinschers, like Schnauzers are also supposed to be ratters) not a flicker of interest and I have to say I'm quite happy about that!!

J
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2009, 07:06 PM
good girl!!(i think )
lets hope she doesnt get like my sibes,i have mice brought by the new neighbours(thanks )my lobo is an excellent small furry detector,prob is ,hes caught one as is on a mission with his sons to find the rest!!!! sibes with OCD
maybe you could hire her out........live near south london.lol