Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
JanieM
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-08-2009, 05:42 PM

Do you dogs tiptoe?

Maggie really makes me laugh. If I'm on the computer, which is in the room with the door leading out into the garden, and she wants to go outside but can see I'm typing she tiptoes round the table very quietly and nudges me. It's so funny.
I know she's tiptoeing because usually I can hear the tippytaps of her nails as she walks on the lino. I can actually she her creeping too. I love her.

Do yours do the same?
loufoxyloxy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-08-2009, 03:34 PM
ruby doesnt tiptoe no but she stomps about if we have to lock her in the kitchen for any reason its really funny cos we can hear her stomping up and down the room, just like a toddler having a tantrum
sarah8
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-08-2009, 03:41 PM
If the baby gate (aka dog gate) at the bottom of the stairs has been left open, Tess will tip toe up stairs and get her body as close to the ground as possible and creeps past the upstairs study, where my OH normally is, to get in our bedroom. Many times I have found her on my bed when the minx knows she shouldn't be on there! We call her Sneeky Dog or Ninja. I have caught her a few times and rather than look contrite she is positively overwhelmed with excitement -waggy tail, big smile - clearly it is a game she enjoys!
JanieM
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-08-2009, 03:48 PM
Dog's are so wonderful aren't they. It doesn't matter how crappy I feel Maggie always makes me smile! (especially when she's on tippy toes)
kiwijan
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-08-2009, 01:13 PM
We had a problem with mice in the kitchen awhile back and if Jonah heard a noise he would jump down from the sofa, tiptoe to the doorway and sit dead still waiting for the offender to scuttle across the floor before pouncing - makes me laugh just thinking about it! And if I go "sshh" he'll tiptoe past dozing OH to get to me in the kitchen for a sneaky treat!
JanieM
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-08-2009, 03:03 PM
Originally Posted by kiwijan View Post
We had a problem with mice in the kitchen awhile back and if Jonah heard a noise he would jump down from the sofa, tiptoe to the doorway and sit dead still waiting for the offender to scuttle across the floor before pouncing - makes me laugh just thinking about it! And if I go "sshh" he'll tiptoe past dozing OH to get to me in the kitchen for a sneaky treat!
That's so cute, I can picture exactly what you mean.