Our sister sites
Our sister sites
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2009, 07:42 PM
Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
Loved this, Steph!
Hee! hee! thanks to Reah my walks are slow to stop.
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
Aww so true.

Slower Reah may be but she doesn't like being left at home does she
Oh! no.........and if I dared....well do you know that feeling when said dog makes you feel Sooooooooo Guilty
Originally Posted by JanieM View Post
This thread has really made me smile, thank you!
Thanks hun
Originally Posted by MissE View Post
I do love oldies, they have a magic all their own
And when I want to stop and chat to every second person, they're grateful to stop also.
Happy to snuggle next to you on the couch and use you as a padded cushion to rest the oldie bones, and you daren't move for disturbing them, which you don't want to do as they look so sweet.
I treasured every one of my Spotty's oldie moments and wouldn't swap the memory of them for the world.
I so agree. a perfect excuse for getting hubby to make the cuppa........well you can not disturb.
stunt monkey
Dogsey Junior
Male 

01-08-2009, 07:54 PM
our old lab jess used to lay down in the middle of the park while we walked around it then come back to us when we arrived at the gate,happiness was a warm fire,a pigs ear and a cuddle.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2009, 10:36 PM
Originally Posted by stunt monkey View Post
our old lab jess used to lay down in the middle of the park while we walked around it then come back to us when we arrived at the gate,happiness was a warm fire,a pigs ear and a cuddle.
Awwwwww now that happiness is defo something Reah can relate too
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2009, 08:13 AM
Why is it that old dogs are so happy and most old people are miserable g*ts? I speak as a happy old person BTW!
stunt monkey
Dogsey Junior
Male 

02-08-2009, 09:31 AM
because dogs are nicer than most people thats why dogs dont care for brand names or the newest gadget,they just want a cuddle and a full belly and they offer you their total devotion,its why we love them so much .
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2009, 09:00 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
Why is it that old dogs are so happy and most old people are miserable g*ts? I speak as a happy old person BTW!
Originally Posted by stunt monkey View Post
because dogs are nicer than most people thats why dogs dont care for brand names or the newest gadget,they just want a cuddle and a full belly and they offer you their total devotion,its why we love them so much .
You both made me laugh
Labman
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-08-2009, 12:17 AM
I loved being able to indulge Aster. I could watch her enjoying herself and not feel guilty about maintaining discipline. She was no longer a working dog when she came back to us at 10, and free to just be a dog she came back to us at 10. I could take her places where it was OK to let her run loose, let her swim, etc. I did keep her from cleaning up after the deer and rabbits.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2009, 05:49 AM
Originally Posted by Labman View Post
I loved being able to indulge Aster. I could watch her enjoying herself and not feel guilty about maintaining discipline. She was no longer a working dog when she came back to us at 10, and free to just be a dog she came back to us at 10. I could take her places where it was OK to let her run loose, let her swim, etc. I did keep her from cleaning up after the deer and rabbits.
Thats a beautiful thing I find with Reah, the way we don't have to as you say ''maintain discipline'' we all go out walking, and I just walk at Reah's pace, either she is ploddinging along side or walking behind me. In the house her joys are her food, and having a sleep on the sofa or the chair....with the odd ''guard dog mission'' if someone knocks the door.
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2009, 12:35 PM
I've been enjoying walking with my oldie since yesterday afternoon.

I made the mistake of walking across a stubble field with him yesterday. Got about quarter of the way across and he wouldn't go any further so I had to give him a fireman's lift the rest of the way. He loved it

Good job he's only a Bedlington so doesn't weight loads (was still heavy though)! He's had a lovely potter around the field this morning and met a couple of dogs I usually walk with. He's been fast asleep since about 10 am.

Bryan and I have been out on the bike for an hour while Freddy stayed at home for a snooze
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2