Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2009, 05:35 PM

Pony advice

Ok for the past few weeks there has been a pony in the field where I walk the dogs, it's a public field and its right next to a dirty beck, full of crap, people dump stuff there all the time. Anyway, he's also on quite a steep hill, no flat ground. No water, no hay, nothing, just the grass of the field. He is chained, to a spike in the ground. I have seen him there on and off a few times since I moved here in April last year but hes been there everyday for the past few weeks. He's a bit thin for me but he's ok, not emaciated or anything. One of his hooves however is in a bad way, the other 3 are shoed but this one looks smashed. He can stand on it and walks ok. He is super friendly and loves the dogs. What do think?
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2009, 05:45 PM
I think phone the RSPCA...
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-04-2009, 06:17 PM
It wont hur tto phone the RSPCA, but dont expect to much from them.

If the pony is healthy as they see it, not starved, they will not do anything, along with his feet, if they completely overgrown and curling, they might, but if he just has one crumbly foot, and as long as he is not lame... I cant see them doing anything... there must be water somewhere for him to drink, maybe they give it to him when they bring him in... (he should have some water in the field) again tethering.. it is not against the law, (although I dont like it)

If it make you feel better , than go ahead.. it wont do any harm, it may do some good, at least letting the owners now , the RSPCA have them on their records.

Lets hope you get a result.
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2009, 06:28 PM
Well I did call the RSPCA and they are going to call me back and let me know what happens. The worst things were him having no water and in this heat too, and the place he is I feel personally is not safe for him to be unattended. I have some pics if anyone is interested but they are only from my mobile so not too clear.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2009, 06:30 PM
I am.
Did he have any shelter?
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-04-2009, 06:31 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
I am.
Did he have any shelter?
And me,

Glad they are going to look into it!!
angied
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-04-2009, 06:31 PM
im glad you rang the rspca he may have just been dumped there esp if no water. alot of people cant afford ponies and haqve been known to dump them. we havehorses tethered on out local common BUT they always have water and hay
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2009, 06:37 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
I am.
Did he have any shelter?
No, he had nothing.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2009, 06:38 PM
They should be able to do soemthing then I would have thought. They should have shelter/clean water and food
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2009, 06:40 PM
Originally Posted by angied View Post
im glad you rang the rspca he may have just been dumped there esp if no water. alot of people cant afford ponies and haqve been known to dump them. we havehorses tethered on out local common BUT they always have water and hay
He's been there on and off for at least a year and someone must either be bringing him in or taking him water as he's been there a few weeks now, I just feel he's being neglected.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »