register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
View Poll Results: Is CM improving as a TV trainer & offering more apt advice
Yes 45 52.33%
No 41 47.67%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll - please see pinned thread in this section for details.

Closed Thread
Page 60 of 84 « First < 10 50 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 70 > Last »
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2009, 06:28 AM
Originally Posted by Promethean View Post
Yes. The reason dogs are so easy to mistreat is that they will cheerfully lick the hand that beats them.

As Dr. Dunbar likes to say "We beat dogs because they are beatable" and he follows this by also noting that horses and people are equally beatable.
Not cats though!
We cannot treat cats like that, because they leave the home.

My "inlaws" used to smack their cat when they picked it up and it clawed them - and it left home to live with a better household a few roads away!

If dogs had the same freedom of choice (well you know what I mean!) CM would not be on tv because all the dogs would be leaving home if their owners copied his more extreme methods on them !

Wys
x
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2009, 07:45 AM
Sadly, abused dogs and abused children display the same fawning `love` for the abuser. This is an attempt to placate the abuser, not affection.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2009, 09:13 AM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
Ramble: you said:

Had your training been that spot on though Gnasher, after you having to repeatedly tell him to stop mounting another bitch in season (you do seem to come across a lot of them)...then he wouldn't even have attempted to mount this one surely??

Tai is a bit of a babe magnet - we call him the Brad Pitt of the dog world !! He is pursued relentlessly by shameless tarts, who interfere with him and make him all unfrocked!

Joking apart, he is very appealing to the opposite sex, and if I had a pound for every owner who has said to me "ooo, my bitch doesn't normally tolerate males sniffing round her", I would be a wealthy woman! He has girlfriends on every corner, several at each pub that we visit, and regulars who we meet along the towpaths or in the various woods around here.

To criticise my training here is a bit rich !! How many entire males do YOU know, Ramble, who will ignore a bitch on heat ... Tai is only a wolf, not an automaton! However good, or not, I am as a trainer, he is never going to totally ignore a female in full season. I think it is amazing quite frankly that just 3 words "Tai Tai come" and an increase in my bike speed was enough to call him off this bitch. I would have expected at the very least to have to stop and grab him, but no, he came. Hal would have totally ignored me, mounted her and I would have had to squirt him with the water bottle to dampen his ardour, at the very least ! And he would have growled at me as I pulled him off her. I am taking no credit for Tai, he is a very good dog, but when we got him he had no manners. He now, thanks to CM's methods, has perfect manners.
My dog does.It isn't down to my training however...he just isn't interested...indeed he actually runs from them.

Criticising your training is not a bit rich. You are setting yourself up for it by telling everyone how well trained your dog is, that he will leave a bitch in heat alone when you tell him to. You cited a few instances where actually you have to repeatedly tell him off for mounting bitches. I would say then that your training isn't perhaps,as good as you think it is.
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2009, 12:14 PM
Originally Posted by CheekyChihuahua View Post
Three posts (the last three) all criticising/ridiculing Gnasher. This thread is supposed to be about CM; not Gnasher. Why are you all so intent on ripping Gnasher to pieces. Oh yeah, she's a pro-CM'er.....................

She's pretty much the only one willing to continue the "debate" with you people. Once she gives up, who will you ridicule/criticise then??????? It's quite sad really
Can you point me to where i have said anything wrong in my post? It was Gnasher that said "Tai is a wolf" did she not? And she has said Tai is very rarely onlead. So if Gnasher is to be believed, what have I said wrong?
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2009, 12:20 PM
Originally Posted by Heather and Zak View Post
So true, can you imagine taking your wolf for a walk, off lead might I add, with all these in season bitches around. Oh dear, not responsible is it.
You don't think that post smacks of ridicule and sarcasm....................

I know what I think about that post. Others can make up their own minds
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2009, 12:22 PM
Other pros Like "Trouble " seem to be able to get their point accross on CM Threads very well indeed.Without accussing the antis of bullying her!!!!!
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2009, 12:36 PM
Originally Posted by mishflynn View Post
Other pros Like "Trouble " seem to be able to get their point accross on CM Threads very well indeed.Without accussing the antis of bullying her!!!!!
Oh, that's okay then Bully away, because everybody should be able to take it if Trouble can

What an attitude!!!!!!

Clearly, tinkladyv was feeling deeply upset by the treatment by some and yet that has been played down.

When a person is afraid to express their views, for fear of being jumped on, having their posts ripped apart and being accused (in a round about way) of abusing their dogs, it pretty much amounts to bullying in my mind. The fact you can log off, does not detract from the hurt/upset that person is feeling/felt.

Obviously, some of you have not experienced bullying at close range You don't seem to understand how badly it can destroy confidence.
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2009, 12:41 PM
You don't think that post smacks of ridicule and sarcasm....................

I know what I think about that post. Others can make up their own minds
So is Gnasher telling us the truth is Tai a wolf or not? If he is a 'wolf' then she is being irresponsible if he is not a 'wolf' then she is obviously not telling the truth. Which is it?
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2009, 12:48 PM
Originally Posted by Heather and Zak View Post
So is Gnasher telling us the truth is Tai a wolf or not? If he is a 'wolf' then she is being irresponsible if he is not a 'wolf' then she is obviously not telling the truth. Which is it?
I cannot comment on the "wolf" facts but I am sure Gnasher will be by later with some comments
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2009, 05:55 PM
Oh, that's okay then Bully away, because everybody should be able to take it if Trouble can

What an attitude!!!!!!

Clearly, tinkladyv was feeling deeply upset by the treatment by some and yet that has been played down.

When a person is afraid to express their views, for fear of being jumped on, having their posts ripped apart and being accused (in a round about way) of abusing their dogs, it pretty much amounts to bullying in my mind. The fact you can log off, does not detract from the hurt/upset that person is feeling/felt.

Obviously, some of you have not experienced bullying at close range You don't seem to understand how badly it can destroy confidence.

Actually i have been bullied badley at around 15 or so, so yes i do know how it feels. As for you calling me a bully, well have have reported your post as that is against Forum rules i think as a personal attack on me!

If you wpould like to find a bullying post on here of mine, please feel free to do the same!

Many thanks
Closed Thread
Page 60 of 84 « First < 10 50 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 70 > Last »