View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kanikula
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2007, 04:13 PM
Also to add to the mix, what about those owners who are to embarrassed to go back to the breeder?? and decide to go straight to rescue with their dog/s??
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2007, 04:18 PM
And another thought, perhaps the dogs involved are sometimes better being rehomed by an experienced breed rescue centre, who may have a list of suitable homes waiting than going back to a breeder (even a reputable one) where a home may take a long time to find?
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2007, 04:18 PM
Originally Posted by Kanikula View Post
Also to add to the mix, what about those owners who are to embarrassed to go back to the breeder?? and decide to go straight to rescue with their dog/s??

I think that will happen plenty of times and often the dogs will be handed in without papers.
Paddywack
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-11-2007, 04:25 PM
What about the ones that come in with papers and the rescue contacts the breeder and they refuse to take back.
Paddywack
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-11-2007, 04:26 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
And another thought, perhaps the dogs involved are sometimes better being rehomed by an experienced breed rescue centre, who may have a list of suitable homes waiting than going back to a breeder (even a reputable one) where a home may take a long time to find?
Interesting
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2007, 04:31 PM
I dont think it would work, all my pups go with a contract stating in the avent of problems they have to come bakc to me.
What happens if they igonore that and sell the pups on to a third party who then subsequently place the pup in rescue. Is that my fault if I dont know about it.
I try to keep in touch with all my buyers and get update frequently, but in the last litter one seem to have disappeared there not answering there phone and the emails are bouncing back.
Now This couple were throughly vetted and I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt and assuming they've moved, I expect them to get in touch as they wanted to breed from the dog and would need the restrictions lifting, but if thios isnt the case would I be at fault as I've tried all I can.
Also theres a Welsh Springer in my friends rescue center at the moment that the WSS Club have found a home for and he's going this week. The last owners moved into a residential home after contracting MS and deteriorating rapidly. We were unable to contact his breeders as the old owner is too ill to be questioned and we dont have a clue of his pedigree name or his breeder.
Are you sugguesting that if we get his papers later we "name and shame".
I doubt this would stop PF either as puppy buyers are not awear of a problem in some cases.
I think education is the way to go an dI beleive the RSPCA and leading rescue associations should use some of the vast amount of money they spend on advertising to educate people on the dangers of buying from unethical breeders.
Paddywack
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-11-2007, 04:34 PM
Originally Posted by morganstar View Post
I dont think it would work, all my pups go with a contract stating in the avent of problems they have to come bakc to me.
What happens if they igonore that and sell the pups on to a third party who then subsequently place the pup in rescue. Is that my fault if I dont know about it..
Originally Posted by Kanikula View Post

Nooo if you read my first post it's about naming and shaming breeders that have been contacted by the rescue but still refuse to take back.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2007, 04:34 PM
Originally Posted by Paddywack View Post
What about the ones that come in with papers and the rescue contacts the breeder and they refuse to take back.
Even then, I still don't see the point. I really don't think it will make the slightest bit of difference.
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2007, 04:39 PM
Originally Posted by Paddywack View Post
Nooo if you read my first post it's about naming and shaming breeders that have been contacted by the rescue but still refuse to take back.
Who decides the reason breeder give for not taking back are valid, certainly wouldnt trust the RSPCA, also as I've said cant see the point doubt your average puppy buyer would be awear of the list or bother to check it.
Paddywack
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-11-2007, 04:42 PM
Originally Posted by bajaluna View Post
I think we argued the point to oblivion in whos responsible for the most unwanted dogs,while I like a good debate can we have a new subject?
Interesting as I read that thread and the impression being giving was ethical breeders always take their pups back. Yet when it's mentioned about naming and shaming those that don't, most seem to be against the idea - how strange!
Page 3 of 25 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 > Last »