View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tee
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-08-2006, 09:52 AM
Well..i don't have one yet, soon as I finish uni i will. I know it'll be good for me because I'll have to get up early in the morning to walk him. I'll be less lazy and that's gotta be good! Other than that i'm looking forward to having a constant companion really.
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2006, 12:38 PM
Having Cassie has gotten me off my lazy backside. Did 2 hours on the beach this morning. Embarrassed to say had never walked the beach til we got her! Always have something to talk about with a dog and the awwwww factor is great. Best company in the world and never fails to make you smile no matter how you feel.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2006, 12:53 PM
having the girls has ment i have met some fab doggie people over the years some now life time friends
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2006, 02:55 PM
Only one?

Gave me the opportunity to exercise during pregnancy when I could no longer play squash or run - those miles of hiking every day really paid off.

Improved my sense of humour and patience - if I can smile after seeing my favourite denim jacket ripped up, I think I'm doing okay.

Made me realise more than ever how cluttered and complicated our lives are - Loki is happy with food, water, walks and cuddles.

Gives me a warm glow to realise there is one creature on this planet who loves me unconditionally.

Gives me a lovely, cuddly, warm, hairy cuddle whenever I need it.

Hunts down nasty wasps that hassle me - although I'd prefer he didn't do this
Ray
Dogsey Senior
Male 

07-08-2006, 09:01 PM
Gets me up early at weekends, instead of laying in, and I benefit from plenty of exercise (Not so good when its chucking it down with rain though)
tink
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2006, 11:33 AM
Aww what a sweet thread !!
I think mine have made me keep some sort of 'normality' in my life after i got ill and had the lymph node surgery and got M.E.
Getting back to the daily walks and routine kept me sane and encouraged me to 'get on with things' as such.
And of course the unconditional love you get from them makes me slightly humbled.I call Alfie my 'Unofficial pat dog'.
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2006, 12:31 PM
What a lovely thread. I cannot wait to get my dog. I been without one for so long. This is a lovely thread
dryad
New Member!
Female 

08-08-2006, 10:20 PM
I love having dogs - when we were down to only one dog last year our house seemed so empty.

Being greeted at the door by over-excited dogs is always great.

I love the fact that they keep me fit, and taking a dog on a walk is such a lovely experience.

I'm usually quite a serious person but you have to talk to dogs in a silly way sometimes.

Meeting other 'dog minded' people is a plus as well.
Minnie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-08-2006, 10:27 PM
Like so many others have said having a dog gives us back so much!
Love, company, the excuse to get up and go to the park and walk for miles, talk to all sorts of lovely people.....there are so many ways Loui has improved our lives and thankfully it's been for the better!

We love Loui so much!
Tania
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-08-2006, 01:52 AM
My first two dogs saved my life.

I have bipolar disorder and had done 3 rounds of IVF treatment - all of which failed. So full of hormonal drugs, I started to feel I didn't want to get out of bed ever and the bipolar took a serious turn for the worse.

I decided I couldn't go through it again and we got dogs.

Having dogs was just what I needed in terms of being maternal/needed. I love them all to bits.

When I am low they cuddle up and give loads of lovely kisses. When I'm up they cuddle up and I am soothed by stroking them.

I will never be without a dog in the future.
Page 2 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 12 > Last »