Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2005, 06:39 PM
If anything else Archer you will adore the character of the dogs
Sansorrella
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-08-2005, 08:20 PM
Hi all, well, I'm am a breeder of Northern Inuits and Vice-Chairperson of the Northern Inuit Society. Someone mentioned the problems we have had in the past with our dogs being stolen etc. and we are all a little cagey about giving out information. I get many many emails and phone calls requesting information about the breed and I must admist I do get bad vibes on occasions. As a rule I never give out my address on the internet, nor to anyone ringing from a mobile phone or withheld number. I will only give out my details if I have a home address (that I will write to before giving out mine) or a landline number than I will call. Its terrible to have to be like this, but we all fear for the safety of the dogs we love.

Getting back to price etc. Most of the approved breeders are now charging between £550 and £650 - it is worth finding out what you get for this since some breeders will let their pups go at 6 weeks (which I feel is too young) and you do not offer a very good after sales service. There are a couple of us who take pains to BVA test our stock.

Personally, I don't let any pup go before 8 weeks old, it is vet checked first and has its first vaccination, it is properly wormed, microchipped and insured - new owners get a full 'puppy pack', which includes my own pedigree plus the registration certificate from the society, a diet sheet, tips on training, information about the breed and the latest magazine. I am always available at the end of the phone to offer help and advice throughout the entire life of the dog. If things go wrong I will either have the dog back or help with rehoming. For this I charge a bit more than most, but the extra doesn't cover the expenses incurred - on average I charge £600 for a dog and £650 for a bitch. I anticipate the price will soar as soon as we do achieve KC recognition, and it is then that we will have to be particularly careful that pups go to the right people and not puppy farmers!

Anyone interested in the breed may like to look at my website and they can email me direct, when I will be pleased to answer any questions. I welcome visitors as I love to show off my dogs and promote the breed - I prefer people to come when I don't have puppies so they see the adults and get the feel of what they are letting themselves in for - its too easy to fall for a puppy! Then, they can go away and think if this really is the dog form them.
http://www.sansorrella.co.uk/ email: sansorrella@hotmail.com

And yes, I do have dogs that are true to type and are show winners, and other older stock that aren't but do throw puppies that are.
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2005, 08:31 PM
Good post sansorella, thank you
Sansorrella
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-08-2005, 11:17 PM
Just a quick plug for our Show - its at Alexandra Park, Oldham on sunday 21st August. Anyone is welcome to come along and we will be happy to answer questions you may have regarding the breed. All Committee members will be there and yes, I can be found in my little Sansorrella gazebo. Unfortunately I won't be showing much as my best show bitch has just had a litter of pups and will have to miss this years show. However, I will have 3 others with me - two of which aren't show quality but they do have super winning progeny - also one has conveniently dropped her coat and looks like a 'hairless' inuit! I do pride myself in breeding for temperament as well as good looks and this will be obvious when you meet my pack.

As in all breeds, there are breeders and good breeders, I am sorry if some of my colleagues haven't supplied satisfactory answers to peoples questions. There are also people out there that breed anything and sell it as a Northern Inuit - buyers should beware of these breeders - all genuine pups will have a Society Reg. certificate with them (this will be embossed from now on so that they will be virtually impossible to fake).
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

10-08-2005, 11:26 PM
Sansorrella thank you, a very informative post. It sounds as if you are doing all the right things and you post will be a help to those looking for information on your lovely breed.
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2005, 11:33 PM
We do have a lovely breed of dog Mini thankyou and Sandra at Sansorrella is a great Ambassador for all us Northern Inuit owners who like myself are loyal and faithful.
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2005, 11:39 PM
I think that's just it Luz, as owners we are so loyal and faithful of our breed our feelings get in the way!

Can we have a Northern Inuit Dog group hug now please!
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2005, 11:41 PM
XXXXXX kisses (((((hugs)))))
Sansorrella
Almost a Veteran
Female 

11-08-2005, 07:49 AM
Thanks for the group hug - sorry I missed it but I went to bed! (Accompanied by three of my N.I. I must add).
Scottish Mags
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-08-2005, 09:36 AM
Thanks Sansorrella,
As you know I have a Northen Inuit and also in Yahoo Groups.
If you missed that hug , here is another

Hugs ((//*-*\\)) Kisses
oxo oxo oxo oxo
Closed Thread
Page 7 of 13 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »