Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2005, 03:08 PM
Originally Posted by myschievous
I agree Luz...But I know that wasn't why Archer asking though
I didnt mean Archer asking that way, I only meant it as it was on an open forum rather than one which is for us regualr users, the unscrupulous people will be those who read these threads and never contribute to the forum as a means to do whatever????
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2005, 03:08 PM
Archer...

I realise not everyone has connection to the internet So understand why you might be asking for a friend...

If you had of said...

I will do everything I can to make sure he purchases a healthy happy hound from a good breeder and that the breed is suitable for his circumstances....for the dogs sake as much as his.
This, to begin with I would have been less suspicious I suppose and I would have loved to talk your hind legs right off about them and then point you to the people who can give you more informative answers regarding breeding, but your question was so short with nothing added to it...and I'm sorry I just didn't know where it was coming from. But you just said, Northern Inuit Dog, how much, my friend is interested!

you have got my motives 100% wrong.I am neither underhand nor do I run down other peoples breeds on other forums etc.I do not hide the the way I feel about your breed BUT I also do not feel the need to ask questions to fuel some kind of attack against them.
I don't know you as much as you don't know me...so I couldn't possibly have been sure about that

You are right...they are not a breed I would consider OR recommend and yes I am a freind of Thordells.However I do have a mind of my own and Jackie and I have never exchanged words EVER concerning inuits...I have no idea what you and her 'conversed' about.I have no problems with them 'existing' however I cannot see them ever becoming a recognised breed since after 20 years they still breed no where near true to type and vary HUGELY in looks..but then thats JMO
The topic was actually about the Utonagan between Thordell, LS and myself and can be seen here (link to follow) where we talked about the variations of look which vary just like the variation that happens in wolves themselves...I don't want to reitterate all that was said but you may find some points we all made interesting, here

http://www.dogweb.co.uk/talkdogs/wha...34.html?page=1

Just scroll to where you see the Utonagan / Northern Inuit discussion arrise...lol...Hope you have some time to read as it may be a bit lenghy!...lol

Anyway if one of the Northern Inuit Dog breeders doesn't come along soon to have further discussions with you and answer some of your questions, Like I said, I will put you in touch with someone, if you like, ok?
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2005, 03:21 PM
I also want to add from an owners point of view that I can't speak highly enough of my dogs temprament, completly non aggressive and sound and incredibly friendly, that alone wins so many people over They are the friendliest dogs in general with superb characters that are more than consistantly apparent in each dog...

Speaking about my two personally, they are strong healthy and robust...Haven't had 1 single even remote problem with either...The only illness I have had from either was when Keena ate something nasty and got sick for a few days and that has been it...They are incredibly fit. Time will tell of course and any dog can have health issues but as LS mentioned about the Utonagan, Northern Inuit Dogs are known to have very little health issues at this stage again only as time goes by time will tell us more and more. I know that records are being kept about 'lines' and information recorded to help show up any possible problems within a line etc...

But I am going to wait until one of the breeders who will hopefully show up talk to you about that as she is better informed than me of course
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2005, 03:39 PM
As another Northern Inuit owner I am 100 million% passionate about these dogs.
I went to the Northern Inuit dog show last year to get more information about them, thats the best place to get a perfect picture and chat to breeders in the flesh.
It was at the show I spotted Brodie's dad across a crowded showring and fell in love.
My little girl is the most beautiful dog in the world to me and wouldnt have any other breed now, apart from my very loyal friend Barney (14yr old mongrel).
I live 200 miles from Manchester and I think if your friend is keen it is worth the investment to take the trip, they wont regret it and if like me wont go home empty handed so to speak. I picked up a wealth of information from the breeders there and they were very open & friendly not at all like Archer has experienced so far, I am concerned at who you spoke to as this is bad practice for a breeder to be unhelpful.
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2005, 03:51 PM
Archer,

Ahhh Just had a look at the 'other topic' and remembered once I saw it again that you had already had input to it

So you will already know the topic then!
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2005, 04:01 PM
Yes....didn't see any 'issues' with it though so didn't think you meant that post.and I didn't remember Jackie having any great input.
If someone said they didn't like elkhounds and then asked for a price for one for a friend I wouldn't automatically think that person was trying to 'sabotage' my breed as you have concluded by nmy post
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2005, 04:03 PM
Done doing 'rounds' with this ok

Never did I say 'sabotage'
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2005, 04:04 PM
Hi Luz
I am thinking of popping down to Oldham next weekend to the show.Alan is away in Essex but have said I will go and have a chat on his behalf.
Have sent you a PM
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2005, 04:33 PM
Got your message it will be good to see you, bring your camera and seek out Sandra from Sansorella kennels she will be in a gazebo I shouldnt be too far away from her (like my shade), I think it will be the best idea and at least you can form a true opinion from sight and have the best advice.
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2005, 04:38 PM
Originally Posted by Luz
Got your message it will be good to see you, bring your camera and seek out Sandra from Sansorella kennels she will be in a gazebo I shouldnt be too far away from her (like my shade), I think it will be the best idea and at least you can form a true opinion from sight and have the best advice.
Thankyou...will try and get along and meet you.Will try and bring Alans MRS too!!
Closed Thread
Page 6 of 13 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »