View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2011, 03:59 PM
Have to agree with Jackbox. I was given Sheep Wormer for a litter of puppies and was told it was the same, it made them all vomit and scour so from then on I have refused anything but the properly packaged wormer for pups/dogs. My dogs mean too much to me.
Becky
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2011, 08:06 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
All the information I have read on panacur says the consistency is different, and from the days when I used to worm my horses, the safety measures around the waste was incredibly high... in as much as "dont leave the syringe laying around, because if a dog gets it it can do harm to said dog...that came from vets BTW.

Your dogs, your choice, I would rather not penny pinch to save a few bob, and put my animals at risk.
I don't quite know how to say this any clearer, but I will try.

The product, the chemical makeup, the % of active ingredient is EXACTLY the same in the Panacur Equine as it is for the doggie version.

Obviously the doses are different ... horses weigh just a tad more than dogs.

Can't remember what the a.i. is now - is it Fenbendazole?
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2011, 08:07 PM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
Have to agree with Jackbox. I was given Sheep Wormer for a litter of puppies and was told it was the same, it made them all vomit and scour so from then on I have refused anything but the properly packaged wormer for pups/dogs. My dogs mean too much to me.
Becky
Well more fool you for not checking then ... you can't care too much for your dogs if you would give puppies a medicine without finding out that it was OK to give .... in other words, what the active ingredient is.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2011, 08:08 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
All the information I have read on panacur says the consistency is different, and from the days when I used to worm my horses, the safety measures around the waste was incredibly high... in as much as "dont leave the syringe laying around, because if a dog gets it it can do harm to said dog...that came from vets BTW.

Your dogs, your choice, I would rather not penny pinch to save a few bob, and put my animals at risk.
By the consistency, do you mean the active ingredient? If you do, then it is exactly the same.
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2011, 08:45 PM
I've looked on chemist direct & it's £26.29 for 6 for Tilly's size, so I went & got my prescription from the vets today which cost £5.17 for 12 months (well it's 6 months & then I have to renew it just before the 6 months end otherwise I will have to pay for the next 6 months)

I did ask how much they charge for 6 & it was £45 so quite a saving to be made over the year, I felt a bit mean - but they were fine about it in the vets.

I don't want to take a chance on anything that may turn out to be dodgy, so am going to get it from chemist direct.
SmokeyRabbit
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-07-2011, 10:05 PM
not sure about Advocate but you can buy frontline without a prescription, most supermarket pharmacys sell it and also online.
devoire-toi
New Member!
Female 

17-03-2013, 02:20 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
I think I am right in saying that all UK sites will insist on a script, but the company we use is based outside the UK, not sure where, but we have been using them now for a good 2 years and they are most reliable. We get everything from them - Advocate, Stronghold, and we also buy our Panacur wormer from them in bulk at a fraction of the price. It is equine Panacur, but is exactly the same formula and because you are buying a large bottle, it is miles cheaper.
Hi Gnasher would you mail me the address of your suplier if still your still using them? thanks
webbres
New Member!
Female 

16-05-2013, 10:10 AM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
By the consistency, do you mean the active ingredient? If you do, then it is exactly the same.
Hi Gnasher could you let me have addy for where you order stronghold without scrip if you are still using them as there seems to be a lot of sites out there and some iffy ones so would feel happier with one someone has had good and safe results from. Thanks.
webbres
New Member!
Female 

16-05-2013, 10:16 AM
Hi Gnasher any chance you could let me have addy of the supplier you use for Stronghold if ur still using them.Thanks.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2013, 10:58 AM
I use VETUK online for buying Frontline - works out about half the cost of buying from the Vets here. They sell by individual pippette at the vets here administering it at the same time and charge €10 a go for the smallest size. As you need it noted in the dog's health book that they are up to date before using boarding kennels it's a nice little earner for them. Also means going to the vet once a month whether you need to or not!

I am lucky that the lady owner of the boarding I use (the best one on the island) trusts me enough to take my word for it that treatment is up to date - she realises what a rip off it is at the vet.

http://www.vetuk.co.uk/
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >