Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2010, 10:14 PM
Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs View Post
Also, is your dog insured?? You might be able to get legal help paid through the insurance?
Yes he is insured thank goodness. I'm checking it out as we speak.
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2010, 10:16 PM
Originally Posted by zoe1969 View Post
Thanks so much guys. The police have been really nice about it but they have to follow regulations! The one who came tonight says he's got better things to do and was really apologetic but he has to act as the family wish to prosecute us.
I do feel really sorry for the family for what happened and I know they're really upset but I was told not to contact them and they could have written to us as they had our address and phone number.
I know it will be ok in the end but the timing is really bad. Just one more thing to have to deal with.
I presume it's a private prosecution then as I can't see the CPS following up and paying for it?
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2010, 10:16 PM
The dog wont be PTS, its you they will target, you let the dog be "dangerously out of control"

Im sure that common sense will prevail, Id try not to worry, it was a genuine accident.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2010, 10:19 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
This is just ridiculous and makes my blood boil. Cats have no rights!! If you swerve to avoid a cat on the road, and in doing so you cause an accident, you will be prosecuted. You are allowed to swerve for a dog though. That is how much importance the law places on a cat's life. I am so sorry you are having this **** at the moment, please don't worry, I am absolutely sure the police will take no action.
WOT !!!!!!!!!!
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2010, 10:24 PM
This is just ridiculous and makes my blood boil. Cats have no rights!! If you swerve to avoid a cat on the road, and in doing so you cause an accident, you will be prosecuted. You are allowed to swerve for a dog though. That is how much importance the law places on a cat's life. I am so sorry you are having this **** at the moment, please don't worry, I am absolutely sure the police will take no action.
This has no bearing on what the thread is about No one is saying that the cat has no rights. Zoe is beside herself that this has happened,
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2010, 10:32 PM
Sorry I fail to see me offering Zoe condolences that things have got to this point....warranting you picking up what I said and answering the above.

All I said was Sorry to Zoe
gemma riley
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-02-2010, 10:37 PM
Exact same thing has happened to me. We received a letter from their solicitor. Police where not that interested as it was a first offence and all the neighbours confirmed our dog was not dangerous and that he plays with most of the kids in the street. Did not stop him phoning the police every 5 minutes about us and I think they had, had enough of visiting us after the 4th time!
Solicitors letter was very threatening saying that we would be taken to court and if we didnt pay costs of £xxxxx's within 7 days we would be sued for a further £xxxxx's
I contacted our insurance company and under the 3rd partly liability clause they paid out to the family. That didnt stop his campaign of hatred though, he hacked my [a social network] account and then phoned the police again, but I ended up phoning the police on him for harassment as he had a petition going around for our dog to be PTS!! He told parents (he was a governer of the school) not to walk past our house as my dog would eat their kids!

It did all eventually die down the insurance company paid him his money and then then a couple of months after someone else was the topic of gossip.

If you want any help or advice just PM me

Gemmsie
x
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2010, 11:36 PM
Originally Posted by wishbone View Post
I presume it's a private prosecution then as I can't see the CPS following up and paying for it?
At the moment it's going through the CPS but the police reckon they'll just say it was an accident and not worthy of going to court.
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2010, 11:40 PM
Youngstevie - I really appreciate your comment. Thankyou babes xxx
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2010, 11:44 PM
Gemmsie.....thanks for your support. I will PM you when I need some advice. You're very kind and I appreciate it. I'll keep you posted. The policeman is coming on tuesday to take statements from us. xx
Page 7 of 11 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »