Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2024, 06:04 AM

Thursday 18th April 2024

Morning all. All as it should be here. The workmen on the roof haven't come back. They just laid a very large sheet of black plastic on the roof and put three long battens down to hold it in place. Weird way of roofing? Hope you had a good day yesterday and have a good one today. The sun is shining so I am thinking of walking up to the park where I used to live near, just for a change really. Probably take at least half an hour to get there and then back again. Just something to do really to while away the time. The film line today is: A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2024, 07:42 AM
Good morning Brenda hope you enjoyed your walk.

Lovely morning here. Tazle walked and now having a quick coffee before heading out to the dentist. Just a check up so hope they find nothing. Yesterday I received my renewal for car insurance. It had gone up by nearly £200. No way am I paying that so did a quick search round their website, altered a few bits and managed to get quite a bit off. So rang them and spoke to a very nice chap and he then gave me a new quote that was only £24 ore than last year. Result.

Have a good day and stay safe everyone.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-04-2024, 10:11 AM
Morning brenda, Sue and all to follow.
Sunny here bedding in the machine and will be going on the line soon.
We are sitting around waiting for phone calls today It's a bit frustrating when you have been busy here, there and everywhere for a while.

Last night I wrote a letter still to be posted or not. To the vet that Brewster was registered with, I am slowly coming out of my depression about it all and getting a little angry about how things were handled by them.
It basically says about the referral which we waited 5 weeks for and if I hadn't of contacted the referral vet to try to get an idea of the wait only to be told they had been asked for an opinion which was given to the regular vet, but we heard nothing from them about what that opinion was ? Would things have been different in regard to the stress Brewster and us went through with that additional 4 weeks confinement ?
He would have been 4 weeks younger and we feel that would have made a difference if he would have been out and about earlier than he was able to be.
I said I would like them to take some responsibility for the outcome because if there hadn't of been the miscommunication between the referral vet, them and us things might have been very different and we wouldn't have had to make the heart wrenching decision we did and he may well still be with us where he was always meant to be,
What do you think, should I send it ?

brenda I hope you enjoy the walk, I caught up with not knowing where your husband is now.
It amazes me how thoughtless some people can be.
I hope we do not get any storms because if we do battens or not that plastic will be off like a kite.
Sue wow glad you got a much better quote. just goes to show if we say we are not paying they can change things.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2024, 10:31 AM
Didn't go for the long walk as I have been asked to go and see to Church the dog as owner at work. Did go for a short walk in the sun though and stopped off at the charity shop for a couple of books to read. Just had another scam phone call and reported it. So fed up with these sorts of calls. The film line is from Cinderella. Lynn I have just decided that now I am without a husband so to speak I am now a widow. Best way to think of it really as I know from speaking to the funeral directors that my husband signed up with that they won't tell me when he goes. That is of course if I don't go first. And at the moment I have no thoughts of doing that. I think the shiny plastic is for the seagulls to slide down. lol!!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-04-2024, 11:08 AM
It will be nice seeing Church.
I guess brenda if that is what helps you through this nightmare the family has caused for you then go with it. I agree you may as well be a widow the way it has been handled and do not give him or his family the good grace of going first.
From what you said before about his health I doubt he will outlive you.

Lol a Seagull slide.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2024, 11:41 AM
Good afternoon all

Lovely ride out in the sunshine today. Ted again very settled now the workmen have gone

Brenda, if you are the main beneficiary of his will (which I believe you said you were) they have an obligation to inform you. If you know which solicitor his will is with, I would contact them to see what the situation is

New dryer has arrived and my 'little old lady' act worked and the guys unpacked it and took the packaging away with them. Bless 'em they were so nice. Now waiting for the first load to finishing washing then I'll give it a go
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2024, 01:11 PM
Chris don't know about a will. His sister in law said that his sister had said he had made one but they wouldn't tell me who with. So, I am still in the dark. Church walked and fed him his lunchtime food. He was a good boy for me. Just had another scam phone call, different number this time I just hung up without saying anything. One of the books I bought from the charity shop is called Remember Me by Sophie Kinsella. Intriguing. Have a good afternoon everyone.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2024, 07:15 PM
Good evening all

And the holiday starts YIPEE

Sue Have a good day all insurance seems to be going up my house insurance in Feb was up so shopped around got less than last year same coverage.

Lynn With regards to the letter do you think writing it down has made you feel "less burdened" and what do you expect the outcome to be when they recieve it if you post it? will it change anythingor will it opena dialogue with them that will open old wounds or will that dialogue soothe old wounds. Maybe writing it was all you needed

Brenda I thought your hubby was confsed when admitted to hospital and I suspect unable to write a new will since he was admitted to hosital therefore you as his wife are his next of kin, also main beneficairy as not divorced. I suppose you could report him missing to the police. That may rattle some cages.

Chris Hope all is good

GriffSame as above hope all is good
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2024, 09:23 PM
Yay!! The dryer works. In fact it works better than the old one (so far) in that it dries in half the time with no creases. That'll do for me