Our sister sites
Our sister sites
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2007, 02:43 PM

feed complete dry meal want to add fresh to it help

Hi guys

My guys are all on pro plan complete dry food but was thinking of adding some fresh to it say i drop there dry down to 1 meal ada and give chicken ect the other.

so i need your help what sort of things can i give i now iwould have to drop the dry meal down in weight as dont want to over do it but thought it might be good for them to try some thing diffrent, they are not fussy eaters have done well on this but think it wuld be good for them to have some fresh and it always helps with teeth.

so what do you think, i now there are lts of you out that feed raw/ barf o i want to get your help as you all now what is good or not in your rights.

thank you all in advance it means alot.

i have got 2 labs, 3 jrts and 1 prt just so you now what i am lookin a feeding. )
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-12-2007, 03:05 PM
If you wanted to go across to raw then just stop given them any more pro plan, but whatever you do don't mix the two in the same bowl.
katia
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-12-2007, 03:19 PM
Originally Posted by Colin View Post
If you wanted to go across to raw then just stop given them any more pro plan, but whatever you do don't mix the two in the same bowl.
Why ever not?
Katia
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2007, 03:33 PM
no i was thinking of giving frsh in the morning and then there dry at night but not sure what they can have, like chicken wings ect thats why i am asking and ruffly how much. is here a good sit i can look up to see what to do. thanks for the replys
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-12-2007, 03:40 PM
Originally Posted by katia View Post
Why ever not?
Katia
Because raw meat and dried food digests at different rates.
ATD
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2007, 03:51 PM
All foods digest at different rates so whats the difference betweens feeding tins and bisc in the same dish?
ATD
katia
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-12-2007, 03:52 PM
Oh, ok - I feed my dogs 'wet' food (tinned Chappie, Naturediet...) I usually put a little 'complete' in the bowl, not because I consider it a 'complete' meal that way, but just to bulk it a bit, other friends often use 'meal' (biscuits) for the same reason. They seem fine on it, the Goldie is 11 & has never had a moments problems. I know many 'complete' food manufacturers say you should not mix, but I have always considered this to be propoganda!
I do feel, by the way, that raw is a 'good thing'
Katia
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-12-2007, 04:00 PM
Originally Posted by ATD View Post
All foods digest at different rates so whats the difference betweens feeding tins and bisc in the same dish?
ATD
I was talking about raw meat and biscuits. Not tinned food.
Zuba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2007, 04:03 PM
Originally Posted by ATD View Post
ATD
No difference there as they are both processed already, making digestion easier. Raw meat is unprocessed meaning the stomach has to work harder at digesting it. The stomach may finish digestion earlier than required assuming that it has done its job because of the processed food. If raw bones were pushed through the digestive track to quickly they can be too large and cause internal injury to the dog.
katia
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-12-2007, 04:13 PM
Originally Posted by Zuba View Post
No difference there as they are both processed already, making digestion easier. Raw meat is unprocessed meaning the stomach has to work harder at digesting it. The stomach may finish digestion earlier than required assuming that it has done its job because of the processed food. If raw bones were pushed through the digestive track to quickly they can be too large and cause internal injury to the dog.
That makes sense...
Katia
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >