View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-03-2016, 03:54 PM
I think the light has dawned with Heston,but he's not a partner is he
Back from shopping, everywhere is really quiet and car parks are empty for a Friday afternoon. Ah well I got round and back quickly.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2016, 04:00 PM
Good afternoon

Lol at Zen and the collie but they enjoyed themselves. Good that you are having a fairly easy time with the clearing up and long may it last for you.

Griff its a tv programme

Hope they can see past Gorden's age and realise the good he could do the school.

Just back from a walk and my goodness it is cold out there.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-03-2016, 04:05 PM
Bitter isn't Sue, I put my heated seat back on. Yesterday I had the cold air blowing on me and all the windows open
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2016, 04:38 PM
I phoned Steve to see what he wanted to do for dinner and got a lot of vocal so no go. He will sort himself out when he comes home and I will just give up and go to bed early. Not sure whether to cook anything for myself or not! Cannot be bothered. Amber is fed so I do not have to worry about her. Have changed the sheets on all the beds and just a case of taking myself to bed now. Seems early but what the hell. Have a good evening all, God bless, night night.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-03-2016, 05:03 PM
Nite Moyra, keep warm in bed. Been out and done the yard and put fresh shavings everywhere, broken into my last bale of shavings, but its lasting forever with no rain, and with it going so cold they need deeper beds. Everywhere nice and clean, bleached and disinfected and hosed down. Settled girls with a raw carrot each until teatime when they have a pigs trotter each.
Watching The Chase with a mug of tea and a packet of shortbread courtesy of Home Bargains
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

18-03-2016, 06:05 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
plus some won't entertain dogs. I was all for it especially as a neighbour in a similar position to us was buying a park home Waltham Abbey way. The owners of the park came up on one of the sites I was googling as being a tyrant put me right off then.
Yes, there were some horror stories relating to one or two parks in the midlands (around Birmingham) BBC got involved and did a radio 4 programme about them. I visited four sites and managed to talk to the residents none of them were complimentary about the management, ranged from grudging acceptance to outright hatred

I found most would allow one dog when you moved in but not any more thereafter and when he or she passed on then you were not allowed another dog. It all added up to (in my view) an anti-dog attitude by management and that was not acceptable to me.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-03-2016, 06:16 PM
Some of the actual vans are beautiful inside and large its all the other stuff that put us off. Management etc.,
I prefer them for a holiday.
June it has been bitter here today too needless to say didn't get down to the greenhouse.
Night Moyra hope you feel brighter tomorrow.
This tick thing and prevention puts me between a rock and a hard place. I have never used the ones on the neck or collars on Ollie or Dillon so far due to some horror stories of loss of fur and burning not a fan of chemical sprays either or pills. Will stick with the garlic and make a natural spray and fingers crossed.
We do not walk in heavily wooded or long grass areas anymore we use the orchard which is mown regularly and the beach or along river banks. None of which have woods or long grass so hopefully we will be safe.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-03-2016, 06:40 PM
Everybody settled with a pigs trotter, Zen did try and go in with Kesh but was soon sent packing with a flea in her ear
Will give them a check in an hour or so.
I agree Lynn, I always give mine a garlic tablet every day and in the summer I make a citronella, lavender and vinegar spray up, I used to make it for the horse.Never seen any ticks around here, but you never know do you. Apparently the requirement for your dog not to have ticks if it is coming from the EU or abroad, is no longer part of the pet passport scheme. Wonder if thats how they've got here, and why on earth it was abolished
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-03-2016, 06:49 PM
I think it is due to the rules being relaxed. Where we lived in Harlow we had the meadow which was left as long grass till September then the woods we did get ticks but the deer ticks. Never had one on Ollie or Max nor Dillon while living there.
The new one which is American has been brought over and as far as I know isn't in the area where we lived yet. It will be very scarey for dog walkers in Harlow everywhere there are quite a few wooded areas where people walk their dogs. People will be finding other areas in Harlow and possibly spreading it.
Why on earth did they relax the rules the mind boggles.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2016, 06:56 PM
June don't get me started on dogs coming from abroad. I have always thought it wrong to bring in dogs from overseas. The same as taking them abroad. I expect some won't agree but it has always been my thought that something will come from overseas be it rabies or something. Emmerdale on soon. Doctors, well they are slow on the uptake aren't they? Have a good evening peeps. Oh yes I have been given a film to watch called Max, it is about a gsd from afghanistan. When I worked in a pet shop many years ago the tortoises were riddled with ticks. I have had a horror of them ever since. Oo yuk. Right I'm off. Tata.
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >