Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
halfpenny
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-03-2015, 08:32 PM
Originally Posted by Musher View Post
I had no idea that people would think condescending attitude from my posts. As I have said before (I'm guessing again) it's most likely open to interpretation which in turn is open to interpretation.
Well now, because I have needed to research a lot of the words I've seen and used, I've been on this darn computer (apparently on the wrong thread and using the wrong words and/or sentence/story line construction) for almost 6 hrs. Wow. in my world that's a huge waste of time. But the sun still shines and the wind still blows. Life waits for no-one but is still there for them to join in the dance. Life is beautiful.
I know the feeling, whenever an animal here gets ill or I read about differing ideas, I'm looking things up. It's great in one way and a curse in the other. Only today, I've been reading more about raw feeding, ill health in Muscovy ducks and head tilt in rabbits.... While worrying about heart issues in old dogs. Also while trying to muck out, feed, water and medicate.
Still, it keeps me busy!
halfpenny
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-03-2015, 08:37 PM
oh my. I would have absolutely no idea on how to deal with that other than take him into the wilderness and set him free.
I admire people who exude the kind of patience it takes to care for pets like that. In my world I don't have that luxury.
Kudos & bouquets. I am going to cut and pate this ?addy? and do some research this eve sometime long after the sun goes down. It's all knowledge
Thankyou
Our Corrie, is a border collie and epilepsy is fairly common in the breed ( in Britain anyway!) however he came to us in a sorry state having been so badly beaten he has trauma down his right side and on arrival, at 10 months old, would pee on himself if you put your hand out to touch him, while never being able to look you in the eye. He now loves people, and runs up to them, jumping up to embrace them.
Sadly he then developed epilepsy. He is a poor soul in many ways but loves life and people and deserves the chance to live a life free of fear.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2015, 08:54 PM
wow. That's the first time Iv'e heard that word. I feel dumb actually having no idea what it means. It sounds cool though I'm going to search the dictionary then look at my translation dictionary and study this word.
As for 'why not feed raw", ... When I first saw it I translated it as "sure, why not, lets do it that way" and simply wished to converse with like minded people.
And if you are calling me an idiot for being on this post maybe think of "What if he's right? What if it does mean,"sure. why not. lets feed raw."? instead of being so sure that your interpretation is the correct interpretation.
Oh ...Wait>>>>you're a Dr. I'm just a dumb backwoods bushman who's interpretation is "wrong".
And yet, from what I see it is most likely structured the way it is to be open to interpretation as to invite as many people as possible to discuss Raw Feeding. Perhaps Dr Salter is the one acting pompously.
You've said it in one, my friend.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-03-2015, 09:00 PM
Not realy sure how anyone could interprete the title of the thread any other way that what it suggests. Specially if you read the first post giving a more detailed explanation, ant the unlined don't in why they don't feed raw .
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2015, 09:11 PM
oh my. I would have absolutely no idea on how to deal with that other than take him into the wilderness and set him free.
I admire people who exude the kind of patience it takes to care for pets like that. In my world I don't have that luxury.
Kudos & bouquets. I am going to cut and pate this ?addy? and do some research this eve sometime long after the sun goes down. It's all knowledge
Thankyou
I do too Musher. I'm with you on this one, I would set him free. But Jeez you have to have admiration for people who can do this stuff. I sometimes think I am cursed for being able to see life ... and death ... so clearly. For me, life is more than just life, it is living ... in all its glory. For me, life means being able to run, breathe, love, hate, and if I couldn't do that, I would simply want to die. This extends to my dogs, over which paradoxically I am totally in control of whether they live or die ... when my Tai could no longer control his bowels at night, the very next day which happened to be a Sunday I took him to the vet and held him in my arms whilst he gently went to sleep for ever. Doubtless there was loads of stuff I could have done for him, drug treatments and whatnot, but he had a cancerous tumour and I took the decision that this was the time for him to die. In peace, without pain, and with dignity. If only this nirvana were available to us humans, I say.

I am not saying I am right, my way is right, there are doubtless wonderful people out there who would have taken a different route, but I'm sorry, I am not one of them. I am not made of the stuff required to stay up night after night with my dog, mopping up his faeces and soothing his brow.
halfpenny
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-03-2015, 09:17 PM
I'm sorry but 'setting an epileptic dog ( or any sick dog) free is worse than cruel, much better to take them out and shoot them!
In actual fact, Corrie, along with medication has a full and happy life an I do not sit up and watch him overnight. Perhaps I should shoot myself, as I'm hypothyroid and rely on medication to survive too! And I can assure you, my life is full, varied and, in no way, do I want it cut short because I am not 'healthy'!
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-03-2015, 09:27 PM
[QUOTE=Gnasher;2861122]I do too Musher. I'm with you on this one, I would set him free. QUOTE]

seriously, you would set an epileptic dog free to roam and suffer fit after fit till one claimed his life before you would medicate him/ her allowing it to lead a controlled life....I do wonder about you sometimes, I can see mushers logic, well no actually I cant, from what he says he would put a dog down himself before he saw it suffer, so not sure why he said he would set it free to die slowly. But come on Nikki, you live in a world were you can access medication easily for your dogs your seriously saying if you could before you would medicate a dog you would abandon it in the wild to meet it fate

Here's an idea, why not take it to the vet to be humanly euthanised, if you felt it's life was not worth living.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2015, 09:36 PM
[QUOTE=Jackie;2861136]
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
I do too Musher. I'm with you on this one, I would set him free. QUOTE]

seriously, you would set an epileptic dog free to roam and suffer fit after fit till one claimed his life before you would medicate him/ her allowing it to lead a controlled life....I do wonder about you sometimes, I can see mushers logic, well no actually I cant, from what he says he would put a dog down himself before he saw it suffer, so not sure why he said he would set it free to die slowly. But come on Nikki, you live in a world were you can access medication easily for your dogs your seriously saying if you could before you would medicate a dog you would abandon it in the wild to meet it fate

Here's an idea, why not take it to the vet to be humanly euthanised, if you felt it's life was not worth living.
jackie, you have totally misunderstood .. by
"setting free" we mean euthanising.
halfpenny
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-03-2015, 09:45 PM
[QUOTE=Gnasher;2861139]
Originally Posted by Jackie View Post

jackie, you have totally misunderstood .. by
"setting free" we mean euthanising.
Regardless, what you mean. I depend on daily medication to survive.... Should I be pts?
Timber-
Almost a Veteran
Female 

08-03-2015, 09:52 PM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
I think it's important to have a thread for those who wish to make a point about why they don't feed RAW. Or for any other concerns they have that they feel like sharing, for the benefit of others who might be thinking about feeding RAW.

We'll make it a sticky, too
I find this thread to be just as pretentious as those who feed raw preaching to those who do not wish to feed it to their pets. There seems to be a sense of double standards with this thread. People bitch about not liking it when raw feeders feel superior, then have a thread with the same superiority about those who do not feed raw

I love feeding my dogs raw and at the same time understand that not all dogs can do well on it, by having one such dog. I will not preach/force it to others, and give insight if asked, or make a recommendation and not feel angry if they decide it's not the way to go for their pet.

To each their own as long as research is done on both ends.
Page 51 of 56 « First < 41 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 > Last »