View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2011, 03:06 PM
Yes, all things are possible, but not necessarily probable.
Tass
Almost a Veteran
Female 

18-07-2011, 04:04 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
Yes, all things are possible, but not necessarily probable.
As I previously posted, meat slaughtered for potential human consumption is occasionally rejected/condemned by the inspectors in part or whole after inspection due to parasitic contamination, when found to be affected.

That moves it from a possible, potential, unproven, hypothetical possibility into being an actual proven occurrence at times.

As not every area and every part of every carcass can be thoroughly inspected logically there is also a much more-likely-than-not probability to be other actual but unproven incidences of contamination that pass through undetected.
crgibson1951
New Member!
Female 

14-08-2011, 03:29 PM
I was looking into feeding raw to mine but not so sure now
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2011, 03:41 PM
Originally Posted by crgibson1951 View Post
This thread is here to give a balanced view on raw feeding. I don't think many people claim that raw food is the perfect diet (I'm sure there are some - but some will claim kibble is the perfect diet, some will claim wet food is, etc., you get extremists on all sides) but many of us feel the pros far outweigh the cons. There are good and bad points about many diets - for example, Kiki never maintained a steady, healthy weight on commercial foods, I found her wavering up and down but always on the lean side. On raw, she maintains a nice stable weight. On commercial food, Casper had lots of tartar and plaque on his teeth, improved slightly by switching to dry food but raw food made a huge improvement and avoided the need for veterinary dental treatment. My mum's puppy had constant upset tummies on premium kibbles, my mum just couldn't find one to suit. She discovered that Naturediet suited her tum well but it's not a cheap food - so we trialled raw and Bella is thriving on it, perfect tum, shiny coat, doesn't act like she's half-starved like she did on commercial foods.
Other dogs may have these problems such as unable to maintain weight, poor teeth, upset tummies, etc. when fed raw food, every dog is different, but don't rule out trying something just because someone else's dog didn't suit it.
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2011, 04:36 PM
Originally Posted by crgibson1951 View Post
Feeding raw is a very personal choice. It works well for me and my dog. You need to do your research, read all around the topic (the good and the bad) and make a well rounded decision. Don't let this thread scare you, it's hear to balance the views as the raw feeding forum was very "pro raw" before, and it's only fair that all opinions are expressed.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2011, 04:45 PM
So... can we have a WHY NOT TO FEED PROCESSED FOOD thread too?
Just for balance?
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2011, 04:49 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
Just for balance?
I don't see why not
Tass
Almost a Veteran
Female 

14-08-2011, 09:16 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
Just for balance?
Fair enough, but don't those arguments/points naturally arise within the raw threads anyway, as a part of people saying why they ARE feeding raw, and what problems with processed brought them to that decision?

I find a minute a day tooth brushing keeps my dogs' teeth clean and shiny without feeding raw, so no dentals required and a good behavioural exercise in handling and positive association thrown in for good measure .
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2011, 09:26 PM
Originally Posted by Tass View Post
Fair enough, but don't those arguments/points naturally arise within the raw threads anyway, as a part of people saying why they ARE feeding raw, and what problems with processed brought them to that decision?

I find a minute a day tooth brushing keeps my dogs' teeth clean and shiny without feeding raw, so no dentals required and a good behavioural exercise in handling and positive association thrown in for good measure .
Yes me too-Parker's teeth are lovely and clean and he's 9 and a half.
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2011, 09:49 PM
Dental hygiene is just one small aspect of the choice to feed raw, there are many other reasons that I choose not to feed kibble. Teeth cleaning and raw are not mutually exclusive. Despite the fact that I feed raw, I still choose to clean Cain's teeth regularly....
Page 11 of 56 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 > Last »