Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2012, 06:31 PM
Originally Posted by krlyr View Post
Gnasher's dog has been known to her to be dog aggressive for nearly two years now, Gnasher has had advice on here in the past to keep him on a lead and/or muzzled but has instead prefered to use a shock collar as she finds a longline inconvenient and has previously expressed her dislike for muzzles (though she has started using one now). This is why people cannot understand her letting a known DA dog off-lead on her driveway, knowing that the neighbour a) has dogs and b) has right of way across the drive.

Also the fence in question belongs to the neighbour so they wouldn't be commiting an offence hitting their own fencing.
As usual, you have wasted no opportunity in mentioning our use of an e collar to solve a huge problem we had with Ben's recall. That problem is now solved, but to use such a device to cure him of DA is neither appropriate nor the correct method.

We did not "let our DA dog off the lead on our driveway", so don't misrepresent the facts. She had full view that our dogs were loose on the driveway as we got them from the car to our front door, a distance of just 2 feet. SHE chose to walk across our drive, instead of just waiting a couple of seconds whilst we got the dogs inside. We had no idea she was there, but she knew we were there. Ipso facto, although I would not be so unfair as to blame her for walking across the drive instead of waiting 2 seconds for us to go inside, that is exactly what our insurance company have said. Not that this incident is anything to do with the issue they are involved with.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2012, 06:35 PM
Originally Posted by lozzibear View Post
But it doesn't matter how deep the wound is... it matter how LARGE the wound is... the amount of blood is irrelevant.

This is the wound my dog had, and it did not bleed one bit (until it was stitched because the skin at the side/top of the wound was ripped from his muscle)...

There is no way that could NOT have been stitched. There is a worse pic, but I didn't want to put that one here.

Obviously the Labs wound was nothing like the size of Jake's, but my point is that the amount of blood means nothing to the seriousness of the wound.

You said...
Poor Jake, hope he is fully recovered now.

Again, though, you have missed my point. I have never denied that the lab should not have been stitched - I have said that I personally would not have taken my dog to the vet for such a trivial wound. But they wanted to, as is their right and I have no problem with it. IMO it was completely over the top, no blood vessels were involved, no flesh had been removed, it was as I have described, a skin shave, a scrape. A skin split for want of a better description.
mummysnoo
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-06-2012, 06:54 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
Thank you for your lovely remarks. Yes, I have tried on several occasions to verbally apologise, but each time either be told to F off, or that I am F ing arrogant, or she won't rest until my F ing dog is put down. I haven't written a letter of apology, because the insurance company advised against it, because it could be construed in the wrong way. Sadly, very sadly, we have got way, way beyond that point.
Gnasher, sorry I thought you were male, verbally apologising is no good, it will just aggravate the issue, and if by KRLYR'S remarks that you allowed you dog to be free knowing your dog has been aggressive then you are at fault, a dog that is known to be aggressive and not muzzled or kept control of in a public place, then sorry you are committing an offence. Your neighbours are very tolerant to say the least they could easily have reported you to the police. Can you state the true facts because it isn't very clear what you have stated. Was your dog being contained or not?
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2012, 07:16 PM
It is not clear to me from your posts
Are there any gates that your neighbour had to open to be on your driveway or is it open for her to walk across?
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2012, 08:08 PM
We did not "let our DA dog off the lead on our driveway", so don't misrepresent the facts.
I did not say you did, so don't misrepresent my post. I said that you had Ben off-lead, i.e. not on a lead, was that not the case?
Jet&Copper
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2012, 08:55 PM
Exactly!! receipts!! Visa receipts. What bit don't you understand. There was one invoice, but not on headed paper, with loads of visa receipts attached. Gosh, this is like the Spanish Inquisition!!

Yes, we have seen an itemised bill. We do know exactly what was done.

What we are arguing with is that the main invoice could have been cobbled up on a computer - there is no logo, no letterhead, nothing to identify the name and address of the vet other than what it says on the Visa receipts.

Anyway, it is all immaterial because we have heard today that they have responded to our insurance company, so it is for the lawyers to sort out now.
I'm not meaning to be like the inquisition, just trying to get my head around what has happened. I'm not being rude but your posts seem very obtuse and hard to follow? Maybe it's just me?

So the invoice listed exactly what treatment etc was given by the vet on each visit? But this was not on letterheaded paper?And attached to this were visa reciepts that just show amounts but not what was done per visit?

Have I got that right?
crestnut
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-06-2012, 09:15 PM
IMO it was completely over the top, no blood vessels were involved, no flesh had been removed, it was as I have described, a skin shave, a scrape. A skin split for want of a better description.
If it was as skin scrape as you describe there would be no way a Vet would or would be able to stitch it. Did you not say the dog has stitches?
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2012, 09:33 PM
Of course not, but it is clear from what you said you are watching me, for want of a better word. And Cry Wolf disappeared a long time ago, so why bring it up?
I have read your posts, why else would someone go on a forum. Yes to read posts, there would be no point otherwise looking on forums would there. doh!!!!! I brought up Cry Wolf as I know that is one forum where I read your posts where you told a different story.
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2012, 09:41 PM

You've got to do better than that I'm afraid. Like do some learning about wolf crosses and %'s to start with.
Maybe if you had spent less time learning about wolf % and more time learning how to be a responsible dog owner, you would not be in the mess you are in now.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2012, 11:40 AM
Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs View Post
It is not clear to me from your posts
Are there any gates that your neighbour had to open to be on your driveway or is it open for her to walk across?

Yup, it is entirely open plan, the whole thing. Pedestrians just walk straight onto the narrow bit of the drive and that opens up into a huge roughly circular area where we park the cars, and then her entrance is off that to the right, no gates at all.
Page 27 of 51 « First < 17 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 37 > Last »