Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tye_Bo
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-01-2009, 11:43 AM

Not a nice walk

I've taken one of my doggy clients (I am a dog walker) out for a little poddle round. She's enjoyed a really good sniff and whilst I was letting her sniff on a grass verge outside a house, this woman comes bombing over from up and across the road. It actually went through my mind she was going to come and ask me for directions or something. Well by the time she'd got closer to us, the dog had decided to poop and I was stood with the bag in hand ready to pick up. This woman charges up to me saying "excuse me would you mind keeping off my land, keep your dog off my land, thats my land you're on, blah blah blah". Well I never realised that, as their tall fence circles what I would have thought was their property leaving a small grass verge before the lane starts. I wonder if it is their land why they have left a verge? Anyway I wasn't thinking all this at the time, having manners the first thing I did was to apologise profusely and said I didn't know it was private property I thought it was a public verge? "No its my land she says, we have kids and I'm sick of people letting their dogs go to the toilet on it". Fair point I said I can see people don't pick up after their dogs round here and again I apologised and she walked off.

It's only afterwards I get this delayed reaction of being really cross with myself for apologising so much. When I think about it clearly there was no need to be so bloody rude to me, even if it was her land how am I supposed to know that? She could have just as well said what she had to say nicely to me or had a sign up saying its private verge keep off? I could tell she'd got a right bee in her bonnet about it from how she clocked me from down the road and made a bee line.

How can I find out if it is her verge or not?
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2009, 11:52 AM
i would say speak to the council let them now what she said and the address, but i think oyu will find that if her fence or wall is behind this area then it is not hers, it would be like me putting up a fence to the boundrys then think oh dont want people to let dogs go on it i will just say its mine.

its aload of dog poo p hun. if it was me i would of said well move your fence then so other people can see its your we are not mind readers and you are being really out of order by the way you are talking to me.

i think its not her land what so ever but she is just fed up with other people who dont pick up after there dogs hun, try not to take it to hart ok.

sorry you had the brunt of her mood its not fair when you are doing the right thing and you get that.

let us now how you go thou.
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2009, 11:52 AM
Phone the council, or wait to see who cuts the grass on it, if its council then its not her property...
I hate when that happens especially when you know you pick up after them, think I would have told her to b...er off, but as you were walking a clients dog probs best you said nothing xx
Tye_Bo
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-01-2009, 12:00 PM
There are a million and one things I thought of afterwards!! Not that I'd have been rude but I don't think I should have been so blinking apologetic either.

It might well be her land, seems odd about the fence and with me not living near there I won't see who cuts the grass. I would just like to know for my peace of mind though!
catsta2001
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-01-2009, 12:10 PM
My Mum's dog poo'd on the pavement outside someones house, she picked it up and then the owner of the house came out and said "i hope you re going clean that up"

She showed him the bag and he replied "no, properly"

He got her a bucket of water and a brush and asked her to clean the pavement.

And....she bloody did!!!!!
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2009, 01:36 PM
a couple of years ago ben was doing his *biz* and this old woman came up ranting and raving at me about dog owners who dont clear up. he was well on one. i didnnt say a worh. just stood there looking at her. went into my pocket. pulled out a bag. shook it at her and cleaned up. her face was a picture rofl. she didnt say anything to me again.
as for the woman and the verge. i think the land registry will be able to help.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2009, 01:37 PM
Whoa, I do draw the line at cleaning the pavement

A house down the road from us has a big notice on a board in their front garden saying, if your dog poops outside our house, please bag it and take it home with you.
She is the neighbourhood watch co ordinator, I want to put a notice on the board when it's dark saying I'm sure you know who it is that doesn't pick up their dogs mess, speak to them not have a go at all of us.

Hope you get the matter resolved Tye_Bo.
catsta2001
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-01-2009, 01:45 PM
In Totnes, there are various culprits who let their dogs S*** everywhere.

In this one particular alley way someone has written in huge chalk letter "PLEASE PICK YOUR DOG POO UP" and they have the circled all offending marks lol. Looks like a game of hopscotch up the alley lol.

It has worked though as there hasnt been any poo for a while.
hectorsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2009, 10:25 PM
get in touch with the parish council.

or just ignore her next time or ask her to prove it. that would shut her up.

are you still in tibby?
Tye_Bo
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-01-2009, 12:00 AM
Me? No Chez Vegas!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >