Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2010, 11:00 AM

A nice walk.

Well me, the dogs and some other people went for a walk along some castle meadows yesterday, and it was really nice, we started off not knowing where the gate was though, and climbed the fence, only to find it was around the corner , and then we bumped into a man with a old blind choccie lab, who congratulated me on having a dog that wasn't common around there, as all there normally is are labs and collies, and then asked if they were rescues, and then congratulated me on having had them since they were a pup, and then talked about Greys, and then congratulated me on having Lurchers although he thought that they Lurchers were shaggy, and at that point I didn't really want to go into the history, and then confuse him more by saying actually Honey is a cross of two sighthounds too, so we left and carried on with our walk and then we were followed by a collie .

After this we left the meadows to walk along the river, to have a nice surprise actually, that there was a foot path by the river, or fenced feilds right next to the footpath, so we chose to the fenced fields, as although my dogs behave they still run like theres no tomorrow everywhere, espcailly Diesel, and in the fields we were able to let them run, still see the water birds etc, and not have to worry about the dogs annoying any fishermen, and also no-one else seemed to be walking in the fields, so we walked for 2 miles with the dogs off lead, but still managed to see the odd dog walker with dogs on the river path, who were more into keeping with thier owner all the time

And then we come out of the fields, and had to cross a couple of locks, which was Honey and Diesel's first time of crossing one, and they did me proud, they just walked to heal all the way across, and didn't even bother about it.

Then we found ourselves in a whole different village that we had never been in before, and met someone with a tibetan terrier, and watched her do agilty, before carrying on and walking 3 miles a different way back to where we started at which point dogs and other people's children were calm and tired out for the day, poor Diesel as soon as he got back in the car laid down and never got back up till we was home so we'll probally go back another day, and I'll take some photos then as I forgot my camera
Bagwoman
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-02-2010, 11:52 AM
That is the beauty of walking with dogs, on the whole people are so nice and friendly. I can take my girl out for maybe 1 hour walk and end up coming back over two hours later because you meet people and stop and chat and the dogs play. I live for the weekends and my long walks in the country.