Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Alsteven
New Member!
Female 

04-08-2009, 02:52 PM

First time had 2 dogs at same time.

Hi, My name is alison. We recently welcomed a 10 week old springer spaniel dog (benny) into our busy household. We have a 21 month old soft coated wheaten terrier bitch (frankie).
I am really proud of the way that Frankie has been so patient with Benny. We always thought that she would enjoy having another dog in the house and so far so good. Benny came to us from a previous home were the 11 yr old resident dog couldnt cope with the puppy. Very sad for the previous owner, but lovely for us as benny is adorable!
We have had a wheaten before but she went missing presumed stolen October 2007-I still look out for her but sadly I am not optimistic.
We are looking forward to taking them both out for walks together after Bennys vacinations are complete. He has his 2nd jab tomorrow so it wont be too long now (feels like ages tho)
We also have 4 children 2 of whom are still dependant our eldest son (Josh) gets married this september to his fiancee (Frankie haha), yes we were tempted to call benny "Josh"! We also have 2 moggies!
Never a quiet moment here 2 youngest sons 1 x ADHD and type 1 daibetic (insulin dependant) the other is Aspergers. I thought things were a bit dull around here so decided to adopt a Springer -Oh dear! hehheh
Looking forward to learning from others experiences now that we are a multi-dog household
Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2009, 02:59 PM
Hi and welcome , I have had 4 dogs or more since my daughter was 3 and my son was 6 . It never was a problem just a way of life for us
BigBearsRule
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-08-2009, 03:11 PM
What a lovely sounding family, whats one more dog, we have 3 here ( aged 12ish and 2x 6 month old Newfs) and 3 kids( aged 9,5,3) . My house is never tidy, but my dogs and kids love each other and get along really well.
I know who is easier to clean up after and do as they're told to first aswell - and its not the kids
Alsteven
New Member!
Female 

04-08-2009, 03:38 PM
Originally Posted by BigBearsRule View Post
What a lovely sounding family, whats one more dog, we have 3 here ( aged 12ish and 2x 6 month old Newfs) and 3 kids( aged 9,5,3) . My house is never tidy, but my dogs and kids love each other and get along really well.
I know who is easier to clean up after and do as they're told to first aswell - and its not the kids
Ha ha, I know exactly what you mean, whatsmore I also know how you feel every now and then too x
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2009, 05:09 PM
Alsteven
New Member!
Female 

04-08-2009, 05:50 PM
haha my friend used to have a springer that would greet you with a smile just like that! It was a little disconcerting at first until you saw the waggy tail and the sideways wiggly lollop that she then would approach you with!
What a lovely welcome! Thanks
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2009, 05:59 PM
2 dogs, double the fun! i'm relatively new to this site but it's a cracking place to be! welcome!
Misty-Pup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2009, 07:30 PM
Annestaff
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-08-2009, 09:24 PM
Hi and welcome aboard
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-08-2009, 09:26 PM
Hello Alison ,
A warm welcome to Dogsey, the friendly site for doglovers everywhere.
We are delighted to have you with us.
If you need help with posting pictures,
or with anything on Dogsey, please
Click here

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >