Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Seacrow
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-10-2013, 12:06 AM

My little darling

The title said between gritted teeth.

Sky, my 4 year old papillon, dislikes me grooming her. When I say dislikes, I mean she starts with ear-piercing screaming, turns into a writhing bundle of fur, and finally resorts to chewing on my hands until I bleed (OK, I don't usually push it that far).

A new grooming place just opened on my local High St., so I thought I'd treat myself, and get her groomed by someone else. I dutifully warned the groomer of her behaviour, checked she had a soft muzzle of the correct size, and reassured her that I didn't really think she could groom her in one sitting.

Picking her up from the groomer, I anxiously enquired after any injuries - "Oh no, she's been wonderful. Stood perfectly still for the pre-bath brush, whimpered a little as the water sunk in, and absolutely adored the blow dry.

She was an absolute angel for the groom, tilting her head when asked to get at the ears, even lifting and holding her paws out of the way without being asked."

I'm gobsmacked I nearly checked she'd given the right dog back I suppose it was being in a totally different place and groomed by someone else. How do I get her to behave like this for me?
chlosmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

07-10-2013, 06:13 AM
I had a similar thing happen last Thursday when I took Chloe my Tibbie to the vet to have her nails cut and her anal glands checked.

I warned the vet beforehand to take special care that Chloe hates having her paws and tail touched and she'd most certainly growl and snap.

Just to prove me wrong my little monster stands there as good as gold and when it was all over wagged her tail and even gave the vet a sloppy kiss!