Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mastines33
Almost a Veteran
Female 

09-09-2011, 07:44 AM

Xena my big darling

[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][IMG]IMG]http://i1131.photobucket.com/albums/m556/mastines33/Xena/DSC00025.jpg[/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG]IMG]http://i1131.photobucket.com/albums/m556/mastines33/Xena/DSC00025.jpg[/IMG][/IMG][IMG][IMG][/IMG]Last night we had to make the decision to have put our darling Xena to sleep. She can hardly walk or get up and yesterday was the final straw when she fell halfway into the pool when she lost her balance and we had to help her out. Then she just laid there getting her breath back before she attempted to try and get up the stairs again. It is not fair on her to let her suffer. Her head is still willing but the body is too weak. I can see how she has lost so much muscles on her hind legs, she is unsteady even while she is eating. She has suffered with mastitis since about February and it just will not clear, the infection just does not go away and the hard lump is still there. She has been and still is at the moment, such a wonderful girl, very stubborn and sometimes not very nice with her brothers and sisters but she was full of life and just wonderful company. we are waiting for the vet, don't know what time he will be here but until then, we will give her all the love she deserves.. she will be reunited with her big brother Conan, who we lost in February and her little sister Trix, who went August last year.. just one left then, hope she will cope. god this is a rambling but I will miss her so much.... love you forever Xena
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2011, 09:42 AM
So very sorry for your very sad loss.

Run fast and free sweet Xena
xxx
mastines33
Almost a Veteran
Female 

09-09-2011, 09:45 AM
Thank you Elaine, well she finally has gone to the rainbow bridge to be with her mum, brother and sister.. we will miss her so much and so will her last remaining sister. xxx
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2011, 09:56 AM
im so sorry

sweet dreams xena xxx
Annestaff
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

09-09-2011, 10:42 AM
So sorry to hear of your loss

Sleep tight Xena x
Donnadoo
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-09-2011, 12:55 PM
I am so sorry, such a beautiful girl x
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2011, 12:57 PM
What a beautiful girl - I'm so sorry for your loss.

Run free sweetheart

x0x
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-09-2011, 01:14 PM
Sorry for your loss...
Ramble away we all understand ...
Lucys mum
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-09-2011, 02:45 PM
I am so sorry for your loss.

RIP Xena.

xx
mastines33
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-09-2011, 08:13 AM
Thank you all so very much for your replies. It's nearly 24 hours now and had an awful night. Her poor sister could not settle down and kept coming into the bedroom to nudge me, almost saying '' mum, where is Xena, come and help me find her''. Same this morning, she was looking all over the field to see where she was and is laying down on the terrace at the moment in the excact space where Xena used to be... It is so hard, specially losing 3 of your best friends within 13 months time.. But I know they are all back together with their mum at the bridge and that thought keeps me going... big hugs to all of you xxxx
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >