View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2006, 05:26 PM
If you go into All Programs and then click on Home Office - what do you get - is it the Microsoft Works? My sister said that Word is over £300 to buy now in PC World.
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-06-2006, 05:37 PM
if you havn´t got it this is free dont have to pay anything and it is a complete office packet open office

http://download.openoffice.org/index.html

the download site

http://download.openoffice.org/2.0.2/index-nojs.html
ceiron
Almost a Veteran
Male 

12-06-2006, 05:55 PM
meh, i got my copy of office for free, pm pamand geoff
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-06-2006, 05:58 PM
Originally Posted by ceiron
meh, i got my copy of office for free, pm pamand geoff
good for you dont use copies myself
ceiron
Almost a Veteran
Male 

12-06-2006, 06:01 PM
its not a copy, its 100% genuine :P
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2006, 06:04 PM
Well I have actually got the disc with the Word on and a few other programs as well that I got with my first computer but apparently its illegal to even use it on another computer isn't it - even if it is the same person with another computer - which I think is totally daft really because computers do have to be replaced and you have already paid for that disc in with the money of your computer so why should you have to buy it again?
ceiron
Almost a Veteran
Male 

12-06-2006, 06:18 PM
no its illegal to use it on more then one pc at a time, if its not been installed on the other pc or the other pc dont work etdc .. so it cant be used then you can install it on a new pc.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2006, 06:33 PM
Same happened here when I bought my new one. I had to install the Works Suite that they gave me with the pc, which had loads of other stuff on it too, such as Auto Route, Picture It, etc. etc. but the Works Suite has the Word in it now, if ya know what I mean! Hope you've got it sorted now anyway.
tupence2p
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-06-2006, 07:58 PM
My old PC came with Word, but I had to activate it and now it's tied to that PC. My new one came with OpenOffice, this has a program called Write which is just a good as Word, looks almost the same, opens all Word documents and is free. I'd do as Fred suggested and get OpenOffice instead of bothering trying to get Word.
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-06-2006, 07:25 AM
Originally Posted by mustards mum
I do Stewart, sorry for not being more specific.

It seems this computer has many many useful programs but not the basic one I need.

Although the main reason I bought the puter was to get a digi camera and learn how to post photos of Zeus and hopefully our new arrival later in the summer, but I still need it to do the basics
Go Here for your free Adobe acrobat reader if you want to make them then you either have to pay adobe to this for you online or buy the pro version then you could make it yourself or ask some one who has got pro to change it for you.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >