Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2006, 01:33 PM

I've got a virus!!

Anybody know where I can go to delete an infected file called Dc1.exe. Nortons cannot seem to delete it, even though I've now done a full scan and tried again, it says it's still on here! Heeeeeelp please??? Not very techie minded as you know! Thanks
patterdale fan
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-06-2006, 01:40 PM
I'm a bit IT illiterate too, but could you do an online virus scan. I have used 'Housecall' in the past, and found it really good. I hope you can sort your problem out.
ceiron
Almost a Veteran
Male 

04-06-2006, 02:14 PM
ok, sound sliek malware not a irus as such, nortons crap anyway.

run hijack this and then input the log file into the seconf link i have provided, first lin kto dwnlaod hijack this, then remove the entries the online log checker tells you too and see if this clears the problem

http://www.download.com/HijackThis/3...-10379544.html

http://www.hijackthis.de/index.php?langselect=english
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2006, 03:07 PM
Thanks Ceiron but I haven't done that yet. I've been to Symantec Security Centre, installed the active X to allow me to do a Definitions Scan, and it's only just finished, took ages, and ages, and it has come up with one virus, but nowhere to go from there or telling me exactly what it is!!

From doing the Nortons scan previously, it tells me it's an infected file, is that the same thing then?? I will go and look at what you've put up now thanks Ceiron
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2006, 03:13 PM
Read this Helen - this might help

http://forums.thetechguys.com/showth...hlight=DC1.exe
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2006, 03:15 PM
Hi Ceiron, well I've downloaded and scanned and now opened the Hijack this programme, but I'm not sure what to click on when I open it? Do I do a system scan and save the logfile, or do I use the "just open it" bit?????? Help!!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2006, 03:19 PM
Blimey Foxy, you may be my lifesaver now, after I saved yours with that hoover!!! That's exactly the file it said I have infected!! I will do what they told her to do with it and see if that works!!! I hate pc problems, I've never had any before in 3 years I've had this thing. Fred will be in for it now!!!:smt021, it only happened when I took a file off him with Skype and Nortons said it was infected!! He told me not to worry about it, so maybe he's right, but I don't like infections on here!!
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2006, 03:25 PM
Yes perhaps thats why it can still see it cos its in the recycling bin. There are other things on that forum you could try too if that doesnt work.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2006, 03:27 PM
Well, I've emptied the bin like it said on that website Foxy, and I will re-do the Nortons now and see what happens Thanks!!!! Keep your fingers x'd!

Thanks Ceiron, I did the scan anyway, it came up with the log, which was completely beyond me, so I will now paste it in the other link you gave me and see what happens then, but I probably won't understand that either!! Thanks for all your help.This may be the last you see of me for a while though..........

Not forgetting you too patterdale fan, I will pay a visit to that Housecall too on my travels!
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2006, 03:31 PM
If that doesn't work there is something else about it here

http://forums.thetechguys.com/showth...hlight=DC1.exe
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >