Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Misty-Pup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2011, 10:15 PM

My Hunters!

Here are some pictures of the hunters at the yard where I work! Not the best quality, they were taken on my phone!

Pikey - She's one of my favourites!

Mouse - My other favourite!

Harry - He's 20, and still hunting twice a week, for 1/2 days!

Ollie!

Tom!

Broomus - He's off lame at the moment, was out hunting a couple of weeks ago, was going across a slippery bridge, his hind legs slid underneath him, he went over backwards, landed on Thady, who was riding him, and managed to get his legs stuck under a post and rail fencing. One of the other people hunting said he's lucky to have not broken a a leg. He's got a couple of healing wounds, just skin scraped off and he's sore in the back, the boss is resting him, and is going to get a back person out to look at him.

Mylo!

A couple of field shots!

Will try and get some better ones soon! Hope you enjoy!
x
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-01-2011, 10:23 PM
I am such a city boy ,.lol
first thing i thought of when i seen your post title was wellie boots ..lol
muttzrule
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2011, 10:26 PM
Gorgeous! These look more like the horses we see here. We don't get so many of the Cob types in my area.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-01-2011, 10:29 PM
They are gorgeous. I use to look after and ride a cross country hunter when I was 15. He got spooked one day while out road riding by gang of lads in a car hooting their horn at us he took off and jumped the bonnet of a car turning out of a junction.

They can jump anything if they've a mind.
mad4jacks
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-01-2011, 10:41 PM
Originally Posted by Misty-Pup View Post
Here are some pictures of the hunters at the yard where I work! Not the best quality, they were taken on my phone!

Pikey - She's one of my favourites!

Mouse - My other favourite!

Harry - He's 20, and still hunting twice a week, for 1/2 days!

Ollie!

Tom!

Broomus - He's off lame at the moment, was out hunting a couple of weeks ago, was going across a slippery bridge, his hind legs slid underneath him, he went over backwards, landed on Thady, who was riding him, and managed to get his legs stuck under a post and rail fencing. One of the other people hunting said he's lucky to have not broken a a leg. He's got a couple of healing wounds, just skin scraped off and he's sore in the back, the boss is resting him, and is going to get a back person out to look at him.

Mylo!

A couple of field shots!

Will try and get some better ones soon! Hope you enjoy!
x
i would like Ollie and Tom please.
Who do you hunt with??
Misty-Pup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2011, 10:45 PM
Thanks everyone!

They are such a lovely bunch to be around! Great to handle on the ground and they are good to exercise. The road that the yard is on is a 50mph, and we have to take the horses along it a way before we turn off and go through the village and along quiet lanes, and apart from one when Pikey got a bit spooked by a skip lorry, we've not really had a problem!

Can't wait to have a play tomorrow, I'm going to jump a couple of them!
Misty-Pup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2011, 10:48 PM
Originally Posted by mad4jacks View Post
i would like Ollie and Tom please.
Who do you hunt with??
Ollie's got a bit of a buck on him, I've not sat on him yet, but he will buck out of cheekiness and if you don't get his head up, he'll carry on! Tom is slightly cold backed and a bit headshy, but he's still a sweetheart! He wasn't exercised a great deal for a week or so, and got really fresh! One of the grooms went to get on him and he took off and she fractured her knee cap or something, hence why I am working on the yard temporarily!

I can't remember which hunt the boos rides with, I was told, but can't remember just now! I will find out though!
Misty-Pup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2011, 11:53 PM
I've just discovered that my boss hunts with the VWH Hunt - Vale of the White Horse Hunt.

If my link works, then my boss is Mell Duff, at the bottom of the page!
http://www.vwh-hunt.co.uk/vwh_contact.php

mad4jacks, I think it is Tom that Mel is riding in the picture, I know he is hunted in a standing and Tom is the only bay horse we have on the yard at the moment!
mad4jacks
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-01-2011, 12:08 AM
Originally Posted by Misty-Pup View Post
Ollie's got a bit of a buck on him, I've not sat on him yet, but he will buck out of cheekiness and if you don't get his head up, he'll carry on! Tom is slightly cold backed and a bit headshy, but he's still a sweetheart! He wasn't exercised a great deal for a week or so, and got really fresh! One of the grooms went to get on him and he took off and she fractured her knee cap or something, hence why I am working on the yard temporarily!

I can't remember which hunt the boos rides with, I was told, but can't remember just now! I will find out though!
still want them.lol.
not nice for the lady who had the injury but what a chance for you.

i use to hunt with the north staffs. miss it so much.
everyone so nice when you are out with them.
enjoy your riding tomarrow, im gonna ride my girl tomoz ifground not to bad.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2011, 10:13 AM
Lovely photos. I particularly like Harry and Tom