Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
littlefoot
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-05-2010, 09:23 PM
Originally Posted by Kerryowner View Post
Cruelty comes in different forms though-my work colleague who is disabled and has a disabled wife, has a dog that is never walked as it is fear aggressive. It spends its life in their garden. I too have a dog who was very fear-reactive but she gets plenty of exercise and is much improved. Withholding exercise from a dog that needs it is also cruel in my opinion. If he lived near me I would offer to walk and train it for him but he doesn't.
I totally agree with that. I have a friend who bought a collie for her girlfriend a few years back. That poor dog I've never known them to walk her. Me and my better half took her out a few times while I was carrying my first. But once I had Hayden I had to start concentrating on my family.

They actually contacted me a month back because the dog had ripped things up and was becoming a pain. They even said she wasn't getting walked and it wasn't fair for her. So I phoned round and found a rescue willing to take her in 2 weeks time, just to be told they changed their minds and wanted to keep her. I didn't even get a thank you for trying to help us and I've heard nothing from them since.

I know the RSPCA would do nothing as she's fed given fresh water and allowed in the yard. But I think getting a Border collie and giving no stimulation is torcher for them. If I knew the RSPCA were worth anything I would have reported them years ago. But they're about as much use as a chocolate firegaurd.
AllyLambell
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-05-2010, 10:38 AM
Just found out recently that our neighbours killed one of their dogs before we moved here and then saw him kick their little dog (looks like a ChihuahuaxJRT but our cats are bigger than it) and I have reported it but if the RSPCA do nothing the dog will magically vanish and find a good home all by i tself!
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2010, 02:20 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
I think I`d offer to buy the dog. Mainly because I know of a local case where starved and neglected dogs were given back following a police & RSPCA raid because they were his property. They were put to sleep, probably to avoid a further vet inspection.
However, our Dog Warden is brilliant so I probably have a word with her first.
And if all else failed I do know cases where dogs have been`disappeared`.
I wish I'd thought of doing this this morning! But I wouldn't have had any money on me anyway.
MarkAndOscar
Dogsey Junior
Male 

23-07-2010, 08:13 PM
Personaly I would offer the person in question the choice - Either I go to the RSPCA and make sure something is done about it or they could give the dog to me (if I was in a position to care properly for it) or rehome it in some other way!

I think that child and animal abuse is the lowest some one could stoop.
Blu
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-07-2010, 01:22 PM
We have and so have our neighbours. The SSPCA came out to the dog and said the usual 'it has food, water, shelter blah blah we can't do anything.' So the fact he walks around the street letting his dog fight any other dog that walks by isn't a reason to take it off of him? Neighbour who lives next to him can hear the dog screaming because it's being kicked etc.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2010, 01:24 PM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
Inspired by another thread that has now been closed, if you found that someone you know was beating or mistreating their dog... would you report them? Or have a word with them? Or do something else?
I would do both. Tell them how disgusted I was, and report them. I would make no secret, that I had reported them. I would carry on reporting them until something was gained to....
Maureen19
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-07-2010, 03:27 PM
I hve put myself at risk twice after witnessing animal abuse, I am only 5ft tall but was out with a dog of mine a few years ago, and saw a man coming towards me with his smaller dog and he was pulling it back harshly and lashing it over it s head with the remainder of its lead with was solid chain. When he got along side me I stopped him told him he as a cruel b***ard and grabbed the dog lead. I knew this man and I told him I was now going to inform the RSpca, in fact I informed the Police and I asked to be kept informed and because I was prepared to speak up and let my name be known this man had his dog taken away.

Another was a dog left outside in all weathers with no food or shelter, again I let myself be known and reported the owner.

Anyone how witnesses or knows of abuse and does nothing, is WORSE that the perpitrator. You have to put yur money where your mouth is and think of that poor dog or cat and not yourself, the chances are that people who do this anyway are cowards, who would never start on humans, just defenceless animals.
dave g
Dogsey Junior
Male 

24-07-2010, 05:49 PM
If the beatings were that bad i would take the dog off them...
twilightwolf
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-08-2010, 09:13 PM
No, I would like to think I would be confident and strong enough to tell someone that what they are doing is wrong.
I would try and report it to the RSPCA, but if matters persist i would like to think i had the confidence to step in and kick some butt.

I have seen dogs before that have suffered mentally and physically due to moronic owners, and people who in my opinion should just be left to rot.

An example is this beautiful boy Buddy who was left blind by his cruel owners after they left a very serious eye infection which led him to go completely blind.
He is now looking to find a new special home which won't be easy because of his condition.
If only the owners took him to the vets and gave him the simple straight-forward medicine he needed, before the infection got too bad. The poor boy would probably still have his sight now.
steve78
Dogsey Senior
Male 

25-08-2010, 08:00 AM
if i was to catch the person battering a dog or any animal or child id batter them take the pet/child from them infotmthe services and say he ran into a wall
Page 7 of 9 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 >