Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kazer
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-10-2011, 08:50 AM

I won't be able to get away with it!

The idiot I am dropped the V+ remote in my drink last night and it's dead! Put it in the airing cupboard overnight but it's definately a goner. Got onto Virgin this morning to order a new one and thankfully they are only £10 so ordered it and they quote it can take 10 working days to come but the customer services rep said it's usually 3-4 days. So as my OH works away all week, I thought I'd be able to pass the new off as the old one and chuck the dead one away, if it comes before Friday.

Just logged into our Virgin account and it says that the new one will be silver and as the old one is black, I think he will notice a difference!
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2011, 08:53 AM
Good luck with that one! One of those unexplained phenomenons!
kazer
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-10-2011, 08:57 AM
I might tell him they sent it as an upgrade out of the blue!
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2011, 09:26 AM
Give the old one a few more days and it may still work. I dropped my phone in the loo (post-flush, thankfully!) and it took about 4-5 days to work properly (if I tried before then it either died or the screen went all glitchy)
kazer
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-10-2011, 09:31 AM
But if I give it a few more days and it still doesn't work, I'll never here the last of it when he comes home on Friday, and for £10 it's not worth it!

I dropped my phone in the bath a few months ago, left it in the airing cupboard overnight and it's been fine but this is totally dead.
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2011, 10:55 AM
Ah, but if you order the second one anyway, you can cross your fingers for the first one coming back to life by the time he's back and wrap the second one up as a stocking filler - always handy to have a spare! Then you look thoughtful instead of clumsy
kazer
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-10-2011, 12:13 PM
I put the batteries back in last night and it works! I've not cancelled the replacement as knowing my luck, I'd cancel it and the old one would give up!
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

26-10-2011, 01:31 PM
Originally Posted by kazer View Post
I put the batteries back in last night and it works! I've not cancelled the replacement as knowing my luck, I'd cancel it and the old one would give up!

[I once drowned an 8 day old keyboard when a 1.5litre bottle of diet cola exploded all over it...

...I also ripped the front and side panels off my 8 month old very first computer ]