Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
deefin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2005, 12:30 PM

saw a poorly rottie in town today

went in to town today to but a steam cleaner .. ( can home with 2 hoovers!)
and out side one of our stores was a rottie tied to an market stall , as i walked past it said hello lifted its poor head up to me with such a soulfull expression . that was when i noticed that her eyes were round , and had crusty sores all around them , she couldnt have been more than 18 months old , as she was outside a store i thought the owner couldnt be far away so waited to for owner to arrive , when he did .. it was a twentysomthing chav type i complimented him on his dog saying how beautiful and friendly she was then brought up her eye problem .. his words were shocking and i quote" shes had that for a few weeks cant be bothered taking her to the vet " i pointed out that she could go blind if not treated where upon he said " i dont care , my ex bought her for me and we finished now , that dogs anoying ".. i offered to take the poor dog telling him that if he didnt want her , i could take her and get her treated and find her a nice new home .. his reply "ok yea ,have you got 500 quid cause if u dont **** off .. i tried to get his address or phone number saying id need to ask my hubby . ( secretly thinking rspca) . but he refused to give it . i feel so giulty now . she was looking at me with a gleam in her eyes , but i just didnt know what else to do .. i went to the polce station . but they were no help . as i write this there are tears in my eyes . i hope someone who knows this man or his dog will contact someone . i feel awfull for not doing more !
Saz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2005, 01:00 PM
Its a horrible thought knowing that poor girl has to go home with that idiot, you did what you could Diane, someone will report him don't worry, what goes around comes around
geordieboxerlover
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-07-2005, 01:03 PM
how awful for you
but what could yo do in them circumstances??
let's hope someone does report him and soon
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2005, 01:13 PM
Poor girl, the way some people treat animals is beyound me well done for trying , hope she is ok
Roxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-07-2005, 01:13 PM
Oh lets hope someone else helps the poor dog. xx
mand p
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2005, 01:29 PM
Oh Deefin thats Tragic Poor girl.....but maybe your words hit home and after the bravado, he may think about it more and take her

Stupid thoughtless git...may his eyes crust up and he go blind eh!
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2005, 01:31 PM
you tried .............lets hope the dog finds a new home soon
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2005, 04:41 PM
Poor girl

Diane, you did wot you could.

Let's hope it sinks in
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-07-2005, 05:27 PM
Rest assured that at some point-someone will report this selfish prat to the RSPCA and she will be taken off him.You did all that was humanly possible,so dont torture yourself.
deefin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2005, 08:37 PM
her face is haunting me .. i really wish id asked the owner to accompanty me to the bank i should have paid for her .. i am finding it really hard to forgive myself for leaving her with him
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >