View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
sez
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-03-2006, 08:50 AM
well,i see that this has turned into an inuit v utonagan debate,yet still no-one can say why my friend was treated so appallingly,at the end of the day,they dont know who this person is,they bought a pup in good faith,luckily he is healthy,excellent temp,yes he does have a floppy ear,but what that has to do with subscribing to a news letter i dont know,my hector is from a well known,respected show judge/breeder,been in gt danes 40 yrs,so how did they produce my blue fawn,he is off blue parents,shouldnt exist,but he does,he is stunnig,totally incorrect,i subscribe to gt dane news letters,who know about him,god help them if they said i couldnt because he is incorrect,he is still a dane,acahkos is still an inuit/utonagan
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2006, 09:16 AM
Sez - which society are you talking about, NI, Ute Soc or BIUS? Have you or your friend contacted whichever society it was that refused the dog to ask them to explain why? It's a bit difficult to speak for them or explain their stance, not even having info such as which breed it is - NI or Ute. Has your friend been refused membership? If there is a questionmark over the legitimacy of the breeder, are they concerned that the dog is not actually a NI or a Ute?

The Utonagan Society display dogs with floppy ears, curly tails or ink marks in their gallery, even though these wouldn't meet their standards.
sutty
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2006, 09:34 AM
sez i personally think that your freind has received appalling treatment. no matter what the breed,( and all breeds have produced dogs that dont fit the standard,) anyone should be able to join that particular breed club and have newsletters and stuff, be able to ask advice on the breed and so on. your friends dog sounds lovely and i hope they dont let their treatment put them off, unfortunately, breed snobbery occurs everywhere, im sure they love their pet anyway
juliekelham
Almost a Veteran
Female 

28-03-2006, 09:39 AM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf
Anzarro is not monorchid, he had both balls when I last saw him, and - wouldn't be able to breed from him if he had.
sorry she has bred from dogs with one testical,and also look at her hip scores shes producing pups with hip scores of over 100.her only income is off the dogs so she will continue breeding poor quality utes so long as shes selling them.
talk to tracy on here she had to have her poor ute put to sleep becouse of its hips,
sutty
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2006, 09:44 AM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star
Sez - which society are you talking about, NI, Ute Soc or BIUS? Have you or your friend contacted whichever society it was that refused the dog to ask them to explain why? It's a bit difficult to speak for them or explain their stance, not even having info such as which breed it is - NI or Ute. Has your friend been refused membership? If there is a questionmark over the legitimacy of the breeder, are they concerned that the dog is not actually a NI or a Ute?

The Utonagan Society display dogs with floppy ears, curly tails or ink marks in their gallery, even though these wouldn't meet their standards.
we, too(the N.I society) have lots ofpics of floppy eared, curly tails and inkmarked dogs, they are peoples much loved pets and arent found undesirable, and anyone with a genuine interest in our breed is welcome to join our forum., and alsoget membership to our society.
sez
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-03-2006, 09:53 AM
it was utonagan ,been going through the pics of inuits and utonagans,gorgeous dogs by the way,just wanted a better idea of them,the ones he looks like are,angel n misty,keena,dweezil n karma,tikaani,shatzi,what fun ive had ,if i didnt have all my lot i would be tempted,there are a lot of differences in them arent there,i really like the longer coat,mind you i liked the long haired malamute,the more i look at these dogs,the more beautiful they become,i do hope this bad breeder gets stopped,going to ruin such gorgeous dogs,such a shame ,great pics everyone
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2006, 10:33 AM
Originally Posted by sez
it was utonagan ,been going through the pics of inuits and utonagans,gorgeous dogs by the way,just wanted a better idea of them,the ones he looks like are,angel n misty,keena,dweezil n karma,tikaani,shatzi,what fun ive had ,if i didnt have all my lot i would be tempted,there are a lot of differences in them arent there,i really like the longer coat,mind you i liked the long haired malamute,the more i look at these dogs,the more beautiful they become,i do hope this bad breeder gets stopped,going to ruin such gorgeous dogs,such a shame ,great pics everyone
Loki is long-haired (and tailed) but this was frowned upon by his own breeder - like I care! "Am I bovvered???!!!"

I'm really sorry to hear this and I wonder who bred this dog - can I suggest that you contact Nadia Carlyle, who is the Chair person at the Utonagan Society. She has been brilliant at piecing together histories and family trees and deals with breed/health/rescue issues. Also there is a Utonagan Dog Club (which has been infiltrated by the NI people too ) who are more than happy for all Utonagan owners and fanciers and interested parties, registered or un-registered to come together.

And of course there is Dogweb, where all are welcome so get your friend on here!
Mel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2006, 10:48 AM
I am a bit confused here ...apologies in advance Do you have to own a good specimen before the club will let you join?

Oh and Sez, whilst you might like them, long haired Mals (woolies) are a breed fault They do go to loving pet homes though
sez
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-03-2006, 01:07 PM
i know long haired mals are a fault, ,i just dont get it 2 mals produce them,longhaired rotts also,longhaired shepherds,seen a longhaired bullmastiff once,white boxers,they came from a white bullenbeiser,but they are not acceptable,its a funny old world.think i will stick to pet ownership,unloved,unwanted,incorrect i will have them not yet though lol,this inns full
Mel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2006, 04:57 PM
unloved,unwanted,incorrect i will have them
No one said they were unloved or unwanted Incorrect yes
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >