Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
LMost
Dogsey Senior
Male 

04-07-2016, 12:34 AM

Some Mouse pics from today.

Been working on tightening up a little bit. Though he seems to have gained a few pounds according to treat place and PetSmart scales, will waiting till we can stop Tuesday at vets to be sure.

Not the best quality pictures but the show body shape decently.

Ms. M
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-07-2016, 05:09 AM
Sounds great
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

04-07-2016, 09:41 PM
Originally Posted by LMost View Post
Though he seems to have gained a few pounds according to treat place and PetSmart scales, will waiting till we can stop Tuesday at vets to be sure.
I agree, don't think those scales will be all that reliable. The ones in the vets should be accurate.

He looks OK to me but I'm no expert. I've read that you should be able to see a waist (You can) and you should be able to just make out his ribs (You can)

Also, if he is a over correct weight the vet will tell you. Personaly I would prefer a dog just a tad over ideal weight rather under. Like humans it's all about bone density relative to size.

All in all he looks very fit and contented. Hope your wife is better now.
LMost
Dogsey Senior
Male 

04-07-2016, 09:59 PM
Ty all.
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
I agree, don't think those scales will be all that reliable. The ones in the vets should be accurate.

He looks OK to me but I'm no expert. I've read that you should be able to see a waist (You can) and you should be able to just make out his ribs (You can)

Also, if he is a over correct weight the vet will tell you. Personaly I would prefer a dog just a tad over ideal weight rather under. Like humans it's all about bone density relative to size.

All in all he looks very fit and contented. Hope your wife is better now.
He's in my judgement tightened up a lot last month, he looked ok when he was flexed before but to the touch was just soft and not as solid as I was used to before.

Temps here jumped from chilly to hotter than Hades in the course of week, so he went to basically no activity for a while and was just pillowy to the touch, last month, once he got used to the heat, we are back walking daily, and he visits his playmates daily for a couple hours.

Now he's very firm to the touch.

Granted he's a Mastiff, he's never going to have the ripped look, but I like for mine to be firm and have stamina.
LMost
Dogsey Senior
Male 

05-07-2016, 10:27 PM
Update even though I've been monitoring and we have been walking everyday and he has been getting a workout with his playmates, it's official.

He has broken 200.

At vets he was 201lbs or 91kg.

Don't get me wrong I do not think he is over weight he has firmed up nicely last month, just surprised me a bit with all the walking and workout he has been getting.