Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Dobermonkey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

21-04-2011, 09:10 AM

'Drunk' Boxer

Hadnt been round my friends house for ages and she came round with her 2 boxer girls on sat. The older girl (11) i noticed looked a little 'drunk' in her back end on occasion. She looks in fabulous health otherwise shiny and happy, you would never know she was 11 if she didnt have the grey on her muzzle. She had a fine time rioting around digging up my boys stash of various animal parts and playing with his toys even duffing him up a few times when his nose went where it wasnt invited! It was just every so often say when she went to turn quickly she had a little wobble behind?

Just wondered whether anyone had anything similar with their older family members?
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2011, 09:13 AM
No experience but definately worth a vet trip IMO.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-04-2011, 02:07 PM
Originally Posted by Dobermonkey View Post
Hadnt been round my friends house for ages and she came round with her 2 boxer girls on sat. The older girl (11) i noticed looked a little 'drunk' in her back end on occasion. She looks in fabulous health otherwise shiny and happy, you would never know she was 11 if she didnt have the grey on her muzzle. She had a fine time rioting around digging up my boys stash of various animal parts and playing with his toys even duffing him up a few times when his nose went where it wasnt invited! It was just every so often say when she went to turn quickly she had a little wobble behind?

Just wondered whether anyone had anything similar with their older family members?
Bandit was the same look a little wobbly (a lot really) on his back end, due to spondylosis and HD/arthritis ,

Basically, lost muscle tone so very weak behind, if he stood up for long periods his back end would gradually give way.

My guess is at 11 (same age as Bandit) she is probably losing muscle tone , due to old age ailments , and if they are a bit sore and compensating for any pain, they can lose muscle tone quickly, hence the back end gets a bit weak and cant support its self as well as it used to .

A trip to the vets may be a good idea to check out any old age problems
Dobermonkey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

21-04-2011, 04:35 PM
thanks guys!

i shall let her know what you said x
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2011, 09:22 PM
Rosie was the same & like Jackbox says it was due to HD & more specifically Sondylosis
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-04-2011, 05:58 AM
Definately worth a vet visit, this is how Ollie went. The only way we could describe it was he looked drunk when walking.

Of course Ollie was much much younger so we knew it wasn't age related where as your friends boxers age is more likely to be the problem I would imagine.