View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
em_er_li
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-02-2010, 01:52 PM
I would have paid the vets fees and apologised to the man with no qualms whatsoever. What I did was wrong. And I'm ashamed.

However, nobody has been in touch with me. Police, dog warden, the owners themselves.. And I don't have the other owners details, and I haven't seen him.

I don't think there's anything I can do apart from take precautions with Rosa so it doesn't happen again.

If I see/hear from the man, I will do all the above. I don't think I will though :S
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2010, 01:54 PM
Then hopefully there was no damage done. I hope all goes well now with your new regime.
kat14778
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-02-2010, 01:30 PM
must have been awful i always carry my pet corrector in case my dogs get in to a sqaubble, the noise shocks them in to stopping my dogs have been bit by dogs many times. and i get very angry and shout its the shock but in your instance it was just a unfortunate accident you didnt do anything on purpose and hopefully the other party will see this and only ask for vet bills if there dog needs to go see the vet
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2010, 02:08 PM
Take a big deep breath and move on. If they haven't contacted you by now, they probably wont...

So get the muzzle and clip it to your belt, put it on around other dogs and any time she is off lead. You can't control other people's dogs, but you can control your own. Try a good headcollar, I love the halti it has the safety clip to the collar so if the dog does manage to wriggle out of the headcollar you are still attached to the collar!

Its a new day, so armed with the knowledge that you have a dog reactive dog, you can head out, precautions in place and your head held high. You have seen the problem and you are being a responsible dog owner.

You are one of the good guys.

You have a lovely dog and you love her and will do what you have to to keep her safe.
kat14778
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-02-2010, 03:30 PM
hi not trying to be nosy but where in leicestershire do you live i just realised your profile said leicester i live in barwell but i was brought up in birstall just want to know were this guy is so i can avoid it at all costs as i would not have tolerated him kicking my dog i also have a staffie hope everything is now sorted
em_er_li
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-02-2010, 04:49 PM
Hi all, thanks for all your help and opinions on this. Like you say, all I can do now is learn from it and move on. I don't want Rosa or any other dog to get hurt so precautions are neccessary.

Originally Posted by kat14778 View Post
hi not trying to be nosy but where in leicestershire do you live i just realised your profile said leicester i live in barwell but i was brought up in birstall just want to know were this guy is so i can avoid it at all costs as i would not have tolerated him kicking my dog i also have a staffie hope everything is now sorted
Birstall/Rothley, depending whether I'm at my boyfriends (99% of the time. And Rosa's his family's dog) or my mums.

Not heard anything and it happened a week ago tomorrow so.. I don't think anything will come of it.

Aww any pictures up??
kat14778
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-02-2010, 06:05 PM
my mum lives in rothley went walking round the river there today with my dad yeah i did put some pictures up a while ago ill have to add some more seems like the guy has realised it was a accident hopefully that will be the end to it
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3