Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2008, 10:27 AM

My Poor Dave, having a colonoscopy today

After 15 years of trying to get him to see a doc (coz he's a man they don't do doctors do they )he allowed me to make an appointment coz he is getting deaf. Luckily, the doctor rang and spoke to me, so I told her about all his other problems which he has ignored for the past 2 years, so he has numerous hospital appointments for this, that and the other, and today he's having a nice colonoscopy!!! Rather him than me, but it needs to be done, so finger's crossed that it's not bad news for me coz quite honestly, I think that would just about finish me off!

He will get his ears seen to, but they haven't sent me that appt. yet which he keeps asking about coz their waiting list is too long for me to make it! He wants me to make sure that if anything happens during an operation he's got to have at the end of August, that I have put on his headstone "and I only wanted my ears syringed"!!! Lol! At least he's taking it all on the chin, bless him.
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2008, 10:30 AM
Aw Best of luck Dave I'm sure everything will be fine Helena. You both seem to have the right attitude. good luck
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2008, 10:34 AM
And I thought my problems were bad enough poor Dave, I hope all goes well for him, and the results are good

I was wondering how you got from going to have your ears checked to having a colonoscopy
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2008, 10:38 AM
Poor Dave, I will be thinking of him, and you xxx
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2008, 10:39 AM
Originally Posted by CLMG View Post
And I thought my problems were bad enough poor Dave, I hope all goes well for him, and the results are good

I was wondering how you got from going to have your ears checked to having a colonoscopy

I was thinking the same thing. Poles apart springs to mind lol Best of luck
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2008, 10:44 AM
Poor Dave, I hope it is not as bad as he thinks it will be
Rookgeordiegirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2008, 10:46 AM
Fingers crossed for Dave Helena and hope its not too uncomfortable.
What did make me wince was how a colonoscopy was going to check his ears ...SORRY
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2008, 10:48 AM
Thanks guys, I've passed on your sympathy wishes to him, as he races back and forth to the loo!!! They kindly gave him two big bottles of some kind of soda that clears him right out, and now I'm going to sit and eat my lunch in front of him coz he's not allowed to eat and hasn't since yesterday breakfast time!!! Horrid aren't I!!!! I hope we can still laugh this evening after he's been told the news though, or maybe cry a few tears of joy perhaps! Poor Dave, he only wanted his ears syringed! Lol!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

12-08-2008, 10:51 AM
Helena - Hope it all goes well for Dave, I'm sure it's not as bad as it sounds
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-08-2008, 11:02 AM
I have a friend who was having the same problems, and it sounded really bad, bowel cancer or crohns disease, it turned out that they had neither in the end, just a rather inflamed piece of bowel. Not sure what is happening with all that now as other things have happened as well, keep meaning to ask. I just hope he is OK, it isn't going to be nice for him either, poor man.
I am fairly deaf, not that bad really because you can't hear any loud parties or music in the middle of the night, there are benefits. Like you say 'and he only wanted his ears syringed'
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 > Last »