Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2005, 12:25 PM
Made a note of that Jacquie!
jacquie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-08-2005, 04:59 PM
I called The Trading standards and they told me to write to them giving them 10 working days to sort it. They were in breech of the Supply of goods and services act 1982 (common law scotland) I phoned them and advised them of what i was going to do. Today I had a call to tell me that the regional director for scotland was going to call. What did I get? No director but a joe bloggs joiner ( appologies to any joiners in on the site). How can you shave a bit off a pvc door??? Well he did, I'm not impressed. God help them on Monday
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2005, 05:27 PM
omg jacquie
they really are not taking you serious are they
sort them out on monday
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2005, 08:33 PM
I had a new front and back door fited 2 years ago, cost for both doors was £1200. The day after fitting the top half of the back door (stable door) wouldn't shut properly. I phoned them on the Friday morning we had someone come out same day and sorted the problem for us. Never had any bother since

I prefer going to local companies rather than nation-wide companies. The local companies seem to know wot 'customer services' and 'aftersales' mean. The national companies are more interested in the money they are making
iwlass
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-08-2005, 09:28 PM
We're currently in the market for a new back door - I will be taking all your experiences into account when we select the company we buy from.......unless I can convince Helena and her OH to come for a holiday to the IoW?
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2005, 11:15 AM
Originally Posted by iwlass
We're currently in the market for a new back door - I will be taking all your experiences into account when we select the company we buy from.......unless I can convince Helena and her OH to come for a holiday to the IoW?
Yes iwlass, I think he would definitely be up for that as it's his favourite place to be! He stayed there years ago and is always on about how wonderful it is. Shall I have a word in his ear! Lol!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2