Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Marionette
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-06-2007, 07:29 PM
Originally Posted by Clipper View Post
I would say that it is you Marionette, that is being a tad touchy. Mini was only trying to let you know that there was an introduction section, nothing more. If you behave like this within a forum that you are new to, I wonder if you are the same in real life.
No-one that I can see has condemned Westie N, merely pointed out their viewpoint. Of which we are all allowed to do. She has made some sweeping assumptions about the "formal showers" and we are all entitled to answer her.
Having attended only one show, I would say that you should at least attend a few more before forming an opinion.
As for saying that some people only give to charity to gain kudos, I never realised that handing over a few pounds to aid a dog charity could be so beneficial. I can't wait to see how this is going to work. As I have stated before, I attend these shows to have a great day out with the dogs, meet up with old and new friends and help causes that I feel strongly about. I don't go around shouting about how much I gave and how wonderful that makes me as a person. Nothing could be further from the truth and I find your attitude those that give up time and money for charity, totally disgusting.
I wonder, and I hope you are never in this position, if you were destitute and had nothing, would you be as "Charity Phobic" then, or would you be grateful to those folk that you berate now.
Clipper & the furry gang.
Please don't patronise me. What I give to charity is between me and them. I would never divulge to anyone what I give. I believe that is my prerogative.
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2007, 07:34 PM
Originally Posted by Marionette View Post
What pleasure can you possibly get by competing and winning at these shows? The satisfaction of beating pet dogs? How sad.

I would have thought that stiffer competition would have been far more satisfying.
Now that is patronising to us non-Show dog owners
Clipper
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-06-2007, 07:43 PM
Please don't patronise me. What I give to charity is between me and them. I would never divulge to anyone what I give. I believe that is my prerogative.
Marrionette, I never asked you what you give to charity !! When I said "As for saying that some people only give to charity to gain kudos, I never realised that handing over a few pounds to aid a dog charity could be so beneficial. I can't wait to see how this is going to work." I was refering to myself, not you.
I can assure you as well that my dogs did enjoy their day out. They are crated to give them a safe and cool/dry place to lie down. I can go to the loo, check out the stalls and know that my lads are safe and secure. Their crates are not jail cells. At home they even go and lie in them when they feel like it. I feel this is far better than trailing a dog all over a park in the sun or in cold.

Oh and BTW, I certainly didn't patronise you.
Clipper & the furry gang.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2007, 07:43 PM
Originally Posted by Patch View Post
I don't find it patronising.
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2007, 07:49 PM

I dont think anyone asked you what you give, no one would dream of it !!!
You are not being patronised, despite your prickly attitude to nearly everyone on the thread so far.
Mini was inviting you to utilise the introductions section and you blasted back for it - presumably you have`nt read much of the forum or you would see that new people are welcomed and directed to that section if they post elsewhere first so that they don`t get missed. Its to be welcoming and helpful, particularly as some of the welcome posts are specifically to give tips to newcomers on how to post photos, who to ask for help if needed, and directed to appropriate threads if their first post includes a worry they may have for their dog so that they can get advice as quickly as possible.
I cant recall seeing anyone else rant about the prospect of saying hello and being welcomed

At risk of getting my wrists slapped, did you join the forum because you wanted to be among other dog lovers generally, or was it just to bash people on this thread for having a different point of view to yourself

I will ask you this also - do you think charities are upset that funds raised include entries from Show people ? Do you really think their fundraising efforts should suffer just because you dont think show dogs should be allowed to enter a show ?
What really matters to you - charities getting funded or you seeing less dogs in a show ring... [ well in the only one you have been to that is ].
Marionette
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-06-2007, 07:53 PM
On the contrary, Patch. Think about it.
Helen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2007, 08:03 PM
I still can't see what the problem is. I've seen "pet" dogs beat the "show" dogs. I've seen pet dog owners get in a huff and I've seen show dog owners get in a huff. I really can't believe that this is such a contentious issue in the "real world" as Westie_N is making out. Seriously, do people really care?

Helen
Hewey
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-06-2007, 08:21 PM
I will ask you this also - do you think charities are upset that funds raised include entries from Show people ? Do you really think their fundraising efforts should suffer just because you dont think show dogs should be allowed to enter a show ?
What really matters to you - charities getting funded or you seeing less dogs in a show ring... [ well in the only one you have been to that is ].

I would be very interested to see these questions answered at last as I asked very similar ones way back at #103 of Westie_N but have not had an answer to those points yet.
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2007, 08:24 PM
On the contrary, Patch. Think about it.
I did think about it. The way it came across, to me, is that you are basically saying pet dogs are `no competition` [ thereby insulting our obviously low quality pooches it seems, so there cant be any pride in beating them with a show dog.
If that is not how you meant it please do clarify, I`m sure everyone would be more than happy to give you the opportunity to put it straight.

Of course if thats not what you meant, then there was no point in saying it in the first place unless it was just for the sake of having a dig against people with show dogs entering fun shows :smt102
Which incidentally, whether you like it or not for your own reasons, is their legitimate right and within the rules set out by the KC for KC affiliated shows
Marionette
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-06-2007, 08:44 PM
I did think about it. The way it came across, to me, is that you are basically saying pet dogs are `no competition` [ thereby insulting our obviously low quality pooches it seems, so there cant be any pride in beating them with a show dog.
If that is not how you meant it please do clarify, I`m sure everyone would be more than happy to give you the opportunity to put it straight.

Of course if thats not what you meant, then there was no point in saying it in the first place unless it was just for the sake of having a dig against people with show dogs entering fun shows :smt102
Which incidentally, whether you like it or not for your own reasons, is their legitimate right and within the rules set out by the KC for KC affiliated shows
You are getting mixed up here. My dogs are pets. How, then, can I say that beating a pet dog is unsatisfactory?

Entering these shows is indeed legitimate, but it is totally beyond me as to why you would want to do it.
Closed Thread
Page 16 of 27 « First < 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 26 > Last »