Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2007, 08:23 AM

Qualifying for Crufts from Ireland

As the system has changed in Ireland, I have been waiting to see what the new qualifying arrangements are for Crufts, but hadn't heard anything. I would assume that Champions are ok, but didn't know about the rest of us.
Yesterday, I got the schedule for a Group(s) Championship show, the Hound Association (Dallies are in scenthound group now) and the Green Star winners or best male/female qualify for Crufts. It sounds like this is following the other European countries in that you have to get the ticket or be BOB at designated shows, but does anyone actually know where the new criteria are set out?
I am not going to Crufts next time round anyway but it would be useful to other exhibitors who would like to if they can.
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2007, 08:41 AM
Found this - taken from website (link below) don't know if that helps you?

10) Ireland– Winners of Junior Dog and Junior Bitch plus Best Adult Dog and Best Adult Bitch from the seven Irish Kennel Club Group Championship Shows

Notes on Qualifications

A Breed Class is a class confined to one breed.
Awards as above qualify a dog for entry at Crufts 2008 only if the class in which the award was gained was not made "Special" in any way, i.e. by age, colour, height, weight, coat, to members of a society to breeders etc. An exception is made only in the case of Prize Winners in Special Puppy, Special Junior and Veteran at Crufts 2007. Wins in sweepstake classes do not qualify nor do wins in any classes other than those stated above.
Only dogs of 8 calendar months of age or over on 6 March 2008 will be eligible for entry at Crufts 2008 unless a Kennel Club Stud Book qualification has been obtained.
In any class scheduled at Crufts 2008 for which an age limit appears in the definition the age is calculated to the 6 March 2008
No entries will be accepted "Not for Competition".

http://www.thekennelclub.org.uk/item/1184/23/5/3
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2007, 09:05 AM
Thanks for that.... so there is only one show where we can qualify unless we have a Champion, or go to a UK show.... I can see the entries for Belfast being well up this time round as it's the only UK champ show that doesn't involve catching a ferry....
Unfortunately, Deccy is already in Limit under UK KC rules(might even be up to Open now) so the chances of a third or better at a UK show are not great. Oh well......