Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2019, 05:27 PM
Originally Posted by Moyra View Post
HELLO! everyone, Chris, hope your OH is feeling much better. Griff, I hope you have had a quiet day from next door. I am intrigued about what was discovered re the neighbours but obviously you cannot put it on here so maybe you can e-mail re it.

I'm afraid I am out of loop with most members. Lynn good to see you back. My knee is still giving me lots of aggro but I have ordered a special Knee support with no less than 16 magnets, Brenda, they do help and my bed is so much more comfortable since I put that special topping on. It is just as you get older you need less sleep and I do go to bed early so cannot expect to sleep the whole night through!

I think my problem is Steve, we are definitely not compatible he is so much like his father in many ways. I divorced him
after 21 years but I cannot divorce Steve. It is late to start training him, but if we are to continue to live together then I shall have to NAG him a bit more. In which case he will either decide he has to move out or he will learn that primarily this is my home and as my landlady says he is a guest. Enjoy this lovely weather we are having. Harvey I am so pleased that Xena has settled in well and your OH is getting around much better. God bless everyone hope to be back now I have had a break.
Blinking heck Moyra you have been thinking things through maybe a sit down conversation and iron out all your issues his as well as yours then work from that - as you say he is a guest now not a child. No point in having your life made difficult either of you. Did he ever get in touch with his old girlfriend the nurse I THINK it was you had high hopes as she has her own home.

You would qualify for sheltered housing and based on my Aunts very nice they are too and pets are normally accepted but often not able to be replaced (for want of a better word) and you have carers on call if you need them but also a social aspect that is very nice and a "homely feel" I would look into it.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2019, 05:53 PM
Ahhhh yes, I remember that Kazz...he was going to get his teeth fixed before meeting up with her and we all hoped Moyra and Amber could find their own new home.
I agree some sheltered accomodation places are lovely and I like the idea that you are independent but with help on hand if needed. My nan lived in the almshouses in berkswell, they were the happiest times of her life
3 more coats and I am done..it's freezing outside in a vest, I never want to see another fence panel again!
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2019, 06:08 PM
Yes, you are right. Don't know what happened there he hasn't said any more about Dawn I think her name was. Well folks my knee brace hasn't turned up yet even though I paid an extra amount for delivery of £9.99 to get it quicker. It is out with Yodel, who I think are one of the worst delivery companies. I have tried to get hold of them and some information about delivery but there tracking system seems to be on a go slow. Anyway, I am off to bed in a minute I need to rest my poor old body so goodnight all, God bless.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2019, 06:20 PM
Hope the brace arrives soon. Night night
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2019, 06:45 PM
Good evening all.

Dave is recovering brilliantly. It was keyhole surgery so only small cuts. He's still on liquids only, but hopefully they will let him eat tomorrow. They are pumping him full of antibiotics through a drip to combat the infections. They have said he will probably be out on Saturday. I do have a problem though. My two kids from Barnsley both want to come over tomorrow, see their dad and stay the night. To be honest, at the moment I'm coping, but I think it may be the straw that broke the camels back if they come. Not because I don't love 'em to bits, I really do, but I'm one of those hopeless people who thinks that when anybody visits I have to look after them. I'm cream crackered now so I don't know if I can cope with 'em and all efforts to put 'em off gently aren't working.

I'd be over the moon if they wait a couple of weeks when things are back to normal and would welcome them with open arms. I've suggested this, but it doesn't seem to be cutting any ice <sigh>.

Ah well. Looks like I might have visitors tomorrow

Moyra, when my kids do come to stay, they fit in with us. We had rules when they were kids and, to me, they are still kids now . Can't Steve get his own flat? You really don't need hassle with the problems you are having with your knees etc. Put your foot down lady - he'll get over it
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2019, 08:16 PM
Chris I suspect they are worried to bits about both of you, let them look after you suggest a takeaway dinner and out for brekkie
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2019, 08:38 PM
Sorted. Yep, they really were very worried, but I've sorted it now. I've promised them their dad will ring them tomorrow so that they know I'm not keeping anything from them. They are then going to come over in 2 or 3 weeks time when he's better .

It's really lovely that they care so much - my sister too as she wanted to come over straight away, but it could have tipped Gary over and he's been so good while his dad has been in that I don't want to rock the boat with him.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2019, 08:44 PM
Chris, it's a difficult situation but if they were going to come, I would have just said there's food and drinks and help yourself...good that they have agreed to leave it for now. Also terrific Dave is doing so well
That pair next door turned up, looked out the gate at the car and came back in...I have taken a photo to prove that access to their garden isn't blocked...if they hadn't fitted the gate opening outwards they would have had more room
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2019, 10:56 PM
I wish I could, Kelly. It's just not in me to do it. I blame my mam. She was just the same.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2