Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mother*ship
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2010, 11:29 AM

Local alcholic's bitch comming into season

Really not sure what to do about this.

Some mornings on our walk we bump into this guy (who has most often had a couple of cans of beer by 9.30a.m.) sitting in the park with his little Jack Russell. He seems a very nice guy, very friendly, never made me feel nervous, happy to pass the time of day and the little dog is obviously loved and cared for.

Yesterday Gozo was unusually extra interested in her, today he would not leave her alone. I had to retrieve him (I practically had to carry him home, good job he's small!) and asked the guy if she was spayed/nutered which he wasn't sober enough to understand.

As it's impossible to have an coherent converstion with him I have no idea what I can do to help prevent her getting mated.

Any ideas?

J.
AllyLambell
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-06-2010, 11:35 AM
Many dog charities will offer to assist with the cost of, or do the surgery themselves to help homeless/street people etc. I would suggest you contact the local RSPCA/Blue Cross and PDSA and see if they can help; after all it is in their best interests to prevent more dogs for homing. When I ran a clinic in Southampton for the RSPCA we did reduced cost neutering, vaccinations and microchipping as well as cheap meds and treatment, but for homeless or needy people in special circumstances like this man we did the treatment/ neutering free or for a small donation. Good luck x
Sarah88
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-06-2010, 02:18 PM
Oh dear. Where is this? Not that it would be a big problem for me with the lady K! Hmm.. Its a toughie. Specially if you can't get an un-slurred word out of him! I agree with the above though. Speak to the RSPCA, then maybe (just maybe! - if they can be bothered!) they could have a word with him. They may have about as much luck as you did but you never know!

Oh, and I should be back down early next week so we do need to catch up!

Sarah xoxox