Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2007, 12:50 PM

Yuck, Yuck, Yuck!

Oh, the joys of dog walking!

Took the dogs for a lovely walk yesterday but just towards the end Hoki dropped her ball down the steep river embankment. She went to get it but as the ball was in the water and slippery she couldn't get a grip and ended up falling in. No problem - it was only up to her chest, but she couldn't get out.

So, I have to scramble down the bank to haul her out, landing on my bum halfway down & sliding the rest of the way. It didn't hurt & didn't bother me at all, except two blokes who were stood right next to where it happened were trying to be really nice but just made me feel so embarrassed.

But the worst thing was when I got back up the bank they told me my backside was covered in something...and yes, it just had to be...dog s**t. Must have been a big dog - there was loads of it (I have a big bum to cover!).

Luckily I was wearing water proof trousers (but no other trousers underneath) & jacket.

Back at the car I thought I'd put my jacket on the seat (inside face down), but when I took it off, somehow (probably due to the slide) it was on both sides of the jacket.

So, I had to quickly pull my trousers down round my knees (hoping no-one was watch me) and drive home like that...was so glad there were no random police checks!

Back at home I had to do the same in reverse - jumping out the car and pulling them up before anyone saw.

Anyway, everthing is all washed off now (didn't get on any lining so easy to rinse off), but what an end to a lovely walk!
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2007, 12:53 PM
lol

sorry couldnt help but laugh !!
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2007, 12:56 PM
Originally Posted by Brundog View Post
lol

sorry couldnt help but laugh !!
I know, my OH nearly peed himself when I told him, he said he really, really wished he'd been out with us.

I could've just about kept my dignity if it hadn't of been for the 2 guys trying to help me....mind you, if it hadn't of been for them, I might not have realised and got in the car still wearing the offending items
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2007, 01:00 PM
Sorry Hali but that was quite funny . I`m sure you must have been fuming though.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

02-12-2007, 01:04 PM
Sorry I couldn't help but laugh especially the driving home with your trousers round your knees
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2007, 01:10 PM
Sorry kiddo, but I couldn't help but laugh at that, especially the thought of having to explain to the police if there had been a spot check that would have been one to talk about in the canteen I know it's not funny when it's happening to you, but one day you'll look back and laugh about it, maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but one day
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2007, 04:58 PM
oh what a really horrible thing to happen, sorry biting my lips here trying to be polite n not laugh. same sort of thing has happened to me in the past, but i didnt land in poo it was grass stains on my B.T.M and i had a few ppl watching. (blush)
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2007, 05:03 PM
lol! I've had to do the driving home with your trousers down bit too! I think it's just one of the hazards of dog walking!
Becky
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2007, 05:34 PM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
I think it's just one of the hazards of dog walking!
Becky
Yep, just the way I looked at it. Can't really blame the owner for not picking up - they would have real difficulty reaching it & they wouldn't have dreamt that anyone would be mad enough to be walking (or sliding!) down that bit

Ben's Mum - thanks for trying to bite your lip, but feel free to let it out
eloquence
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2007, 06:13 PM
Ha ha - sorry i couldn't help laughing!!!!!!!!

Its a good job you didn't get stopped by the police on the way home eh!! Can you imagine :smt044 :smt044

Talk about being caught with your trousers down

Bless ya - you're braver than i am!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >