Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2006, 10:14 PM
Originally Posted by franc1987
Good Luck Foxy, you don't get me near dentists. Your braver than me anyday!!

I had a bad experience with a psycho dentist and a drill and now i just don't go to them.

Had to have a tooth out last year because i left it so long and i was in so much pain.

I am scared of them, but i actually have a genuine phobia- the smell sets me off, then the sound of the drill makes me gip, by the time i'm in the waiting room i am pasty white and shaking all over with cold sweats and my mum has to force me up with stairs before i practically faint in the chair and sob everytime he looks at me never mind somes near my mouth. He is really patient with me but i can tell he is getting tired of me getting so hysterical before he even looks at my teeth! I always make him let me hold the spikey thing so he can't use it on me- that thing is evil!!

i feel like such a baby about it but i really can't help it i am terrible

ok all this talk of densits is making me queezy!!

Oh yes I had a butcher of a dentist once - do you know Meg Johnson who plays Pearl in Emmerdale - well her ex hubby was my dentist and he scared me to death - he never gave injections for fillings and it absolutely killed and I stopped going to the dentist when I was 14 and didn't go again till I was 21 because of him. I am okay now though and it doesn't bother me much but just hate my front teeth done because I hate having a numb nose and I hate my eyes streaming with tears when they put the injection in
franc1987
Almost a Veteran
Female 

08-05-2006, 10:21 PM
Originally Posted by Foxy
Oh yes I had a butcher of a dentist once - do you know Meg Johnson who plays Pearl in Emmerdale - well her ex hubby was my dentist and he scared me to death - he never gave injections for fillings and it absolutely killed and I stopped going to the dentist when I was 14 and didn't go again till I was 21 because of him. I am okay now though and it doesn't bother me much but just hate my front teeth done because I hate having a numb nose and I hate my eyes streaming with tears when they put the injection in

When i was a kid i was scared of the injection- so i just didnt bother never hurt either! But then i went to someone that wasnt my usual dentist and she turned out to be a PSYCHO!!! She was in my photography class the following year. I swear anyone who is a dentist is derranged!

Good luck tomorrow foxy, hope the bill doesn't give you a heart attack! Tell em your in full time education then you'll get it for free when they ask for proof just give um one of the kids school letters
beanieman
Dogsey Senior
Male 

08-05-2006, 10:44 PM
Originally Posted by Trixy
Start running that's me my thoughts are with you Foxy I just hate the dentists

couldnt agree more i hate the dentist have not been for years i am a real coward, any mention and i run and hide behind the sofa
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2006, 10:45 PM
Originally Posted by franc1987
When i was a kid i was scared of the injection- so i just didnt bother never hurt either! But then i went to someone that wasnt my usual dentist and she turned out to be a PSYCHO!!! She was in my photography class the following year. I swear anyone who is a dentist is derranged!

Good luck tomorrow foxy, hope the bill doesn't give you a heart attack! Tell em your in full time education then you'll get it for free when they ask for proof just give um one of the kids school letters

Well I should get it for free already but my dentist went private in February so he doesn't do NHS treatment anymore and you can't swop to another one because none of the other NHS dentists in my area are taking any more patients on so I have no choice. I have to pay £13 a month too just for a check up and scale and polish
Shady
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

08-05-2006, 10:52 PM
my dentes is crap i got stuck in trafic the other week and i got charged for missing my appontment
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2006, 10:58 PM
Originally Posted by Shady
my dentes is crap i got stuck in trafic the other week and i got charged for missing my appontment

Thats a bit harsh Shady - are you sure you wasn't driving in the opposite direction though
Shady
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

08-05-2006, 11:11 PM
Originally Posted by Foxy
Thats a bit harsh Shady - are you sure you wasn't driving in the opposite direction though

not that time foxy lol thay tryed to charge me last time cos my dentist was off sick till she said she was
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2006, 06:12 AM
You'll be fine honey, he should numb the area with some anaesthetic gel beforehand. Just have your hand near his soft and danglies and tell him "you don't hurt me, I won't hurt you". My dentist is very gentle since I took this approach!
Katiecoos
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2006, 01:28 PM
Are you back from the dentist yet Foxy
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2006, 01:41 PM
Originally Posted by Shady
I once rang to say I might be late as I was stuck at road works, was told if I was I would miss the appointment and be charged! As it was I was less than 10 minutes late, but to top it all the dentist was running nearly an late the receptionist was just being awkward. Not the only time the were awkward.

We are with a new practice now.
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >